Chapter 8

Austin's POV

We parked at the hospital, and me and Jace got out and ran inside. I had told him everything on the way here, and he was beyond worried about Trish. The only person I had on my mind was my sweet Ally and our baby. Dear Lord, please let them be okay. We run up to the nurse behind the desk, "Hey. Has an ambulance came in with car accident victims?" A shudder ran through me. "Yes sir. It arrived just moments ago. May I have your name?" "I'm Austin Moon. My wife was in the car crash. "Yes, Ally Moon. Follow me." The nurse stood, and me and Jace followed her as she walked deeper into the hospital. We rounded a corner and came into a long hallway of doors. "Let's see...room 415B." The nurse said looking down at a piece of paper. "That will be the last door on the right." "Thanks." Jace said as we dashed off to see our wives. We got to the door and knocked. The door opened and there stood Trish. She was teary eyed and her left wrist was in a splint. Jace grabbed her. "Oh Trish, are you okay sweetie?" Ally, where's Ally? "Yeah. I just cracked my wrist. It's Ally I'm worried about." she said as she broke into tears. "Where is she?" I asked in a panic. "They took her back as soon as we got here Austin." "What's wrong?" "She never woke up. She's been unconscious since the wreck." Trish said as tears streamed down her face. Jace wrapped her in a hug as I sat down in one of the cold, metal chairs. I put my face in my hands as I began to cry. I couldn't help it. My Ally is hurt. She hasn't woken up. Will she wake up? She has to wake up! We're going to have a baby in six months. The baby. The baby has to be okay. They haven't even seen the world yet. I feel Trish come over and sit beside me. She hugs me as Jace places his hand on my shoulder.

About an hour later, we hear a knock on the door. The door opens and a doctor appears. "Austin Moon?" "That's me!" I say standing up. "Austin, when Ally was in the crash, her head hit the light on the ceiling of the car." "Is she okay? Can I see her?" "Before you see her, there's something I must tell you. Because of her collision with the light, she has entered into a coma." Everything became fuzzy as tears filled my eyes. "We don't know why this happened, but we're taking care of the her the best way we know how." "Is she going to wake up? Is the baby going to be okay?" "As long as we keep her on an IV and keep her body nourished, the baby will continue to grow, so yes, the baby is going to be fine." "When will she wake up doctor?" "We don't know yet. It could be weeks, or it could be months." "What room is she in?" "She's in room 212 on the 4th floor." "Thanks." I walked out of the room as the doctor began to examine Trish's wrist. I started walking towards the elevator. I don't know if I can look at Ally like this. I have to. I have to be strong for her, and our baby. I got into the elevator and traveled up to the 4th floor. DING! The doors opened on Ally's floor. I looked across the hall and see room #202. Ten more rooms. I'm ten more rooms away from Ally. I jogged down the hall and stopped in front of room #212. Lord, give me the strength that I need to be there for her. I reached out and grabbed the cold, metal doorknob. I opened the door and looked around the corner. There she was. My beautiful Ally laying still in a hospital bed. All kinds of IVs and machines were hooked up to her. I walked over to her and leaned down and kissed her forehead. "Hey Alls." I grabbed a chair and pulled it up beside her bed. I wrapped my hand around her's and looked up at her. Her hair was a tangled mess, but she still was gorgeous. I ran my other hand through her hair, trying to gently get the tangles out. "Ally, you need to wake up sweetie. I need you to help me finish the song we started today. You remember it don't you?" I began to sing, not to remind Ally of our song, but mainly to comfort me, "God gave me you for the ups and downs. God gave me you for the days of doubt. For when I think I've lost my way, there are no words here left to say, it's true. God gave me you." A single tear rolls down cheek as I lay my forehead on Ally's bed. You'll get better Ally. I know you will, because there's no way I could make it without you.