THE BEGINNING OF THE END

"So you are saying he winked at you? Like he digs you right?", Gerald asked as they sat down for class.

        "I don't know," David shrugged as Gerald seemed deeply interested in the story , while Winfrey thought over it as he remained silent during David's discussion.

            "Man , you said he checked you out too , plus he winked at you once your Mom and sister weren't around. If that's not digging you , then what do you call it?"

               "I just ... I think I probably misread the situation. There is no way he could have been into me," Winfrey couldn't blame David for the self depreciation; his friend had received harsh criticism from his previous crushes either because he was black or not into him.

                     Gerald wanted to say something but a cheery female voice caused him to sigh in exasperatedly and roll his eyes.

                      "Guys , do me a favor ," he got up from his desk and jumped out of the classroom window , making David and Winfrey wonder why he was running away like a criminal. "Just say you haven't since me around. There is this chick who is hella annoying . So...shit!".  He ducked once he saw the pepite blonde approach his friends.

                      "Have you seen Ger baby around?" The blonde asked.

              "Good morning to you too Cynthia," Winfrey said sarscatically with a huge grin as he slyly looked at Gerald , ready to milk whatever he could from this . Cynthia Ross was known to be very clingy to guys , that's why most of them avoided her like the plague. And then there were guys like Gerald who made the dumb mistake of flirting with her - she was pretty ,with nice curves , but way too annoying.

                    "I want to know where my   Ger baby is?". Gerald cringed from his hiding position at the pet name , they weren't even an item, they just hooked up at a school party and once, but the girl was so delusional she thought they were a couple.

                     "You came all the way from Scarlett Prep to our little school  just to ask about Gerald?",  David asked , finding the girl's lust and determination for his friend amusing.
                 Scarlett Prep was an all girls' school that was just a town over . It was fancy unlike their school; St Patrick's Academy was known for its poor academic performance and it's mild grafitti. Only a few students were able to pass with distinctions , and if they were lucky , a couple of merits as well.

                 "Yes. Now answer the question, is Gerald around or not, you are his friends aren't you?"

              David and Winfrey exchanged a look and played their dumb card as they acted oblivious to where their friend was.

                 "No idea," Winfrey shrugged nonchalantly.

                 "Not a clue,"  David chipped in. Both boys wanted to laugh when they heard Gerald sigh in relief, it took all their might and main to keep a straight face.

                     "I don't believe you two. I know how you are boys operate with your bro codes ," the girl was  practically screeching  attracting attention, " Ger! I know you can hear me! I will be back baby! You can't hide from me!"

                  Some girls, several of whom had crushes on Gerald, glared at Cynthia as the blonde stormed off.

                  "Another poor victim of Gerald's ," Miriam walked up to the boys with a knowing grin.