Ch.17

~~~

19 years ago:

A year before Minho was sent away to an orphanage, everything was great. He was living the best life with his mother who was a single parent at the time.

He never had a father figure since his own biological father passed away before he was born which absolutely broke his mother's heart but she kept a brave smile to keep going for her dear only child.

Minho loved how things were, never wanting for more. He adored his mother who worked very hard to let them live a stable life they had, he was a huge mama's boy.

But one day his mother brought home a strange unfamiliar man. After introducing him to Minho as her boyfriend, he saw how happy his mother was and wanted to make things easier by accepting him.

In the beginning the three would get along great as if they were a family to begin with.

Minho was thrilled to have a father figure in his life as the man always winning him over with gifts. Any child easily won over for a toy.

The man then began living with them just after half a year.

That's when everything went downhill from there.

Fightings began to break out more and more frequently. Boozes becoming an escape and excuses for psychical abuse.

Minho watched everyday his own mother losing herself to this horrible man named James Kim

The child would intervene and try to stop the fighting, try to stop the devil of a man from hurting his mother. But that only lead to worse, he would too get a beating while his mother would get it worse.

He stopped getting involved after for sometime, watching and listening painfully.

The man would manipulate the poor mother in staying with him, breaking her till she was at her complete lowest. The money she worked so hard for was taken by him, every paycheck was only for his needs.

Minho desperately tried to convince his mother they should leave him and run, he cried and cried to her but soon she was to numb to take care of her own child. Letting the boy cry to himself with no comfort by his mother.

For weeks Minho would try to report to the police but as the child care services were very poor and when they showed up to the door to talk with the parents, they were oblivious to the two care takers putting on show for everyone.

They never continued their investigation which lead to more beatings and fightings.

The only person who was outside of the household who knew something was going on was Minho's elementary school teacher.

Who went straight to the police when she found out what was really happening and of course more lies and more of an act they put on. This time the police were going to continue the investigation.

The day before the police arrived at their broken house. Minho was outside with no adult supervision, trying to keep himself out of the house as long as possible, not being able to breathe while in that house. What did make his day was a stray cat coming up to, full of love as it rubbed against his ankles.

"Get rid of that filthy child! He's going to put both of us in prison if you don't get rid of him!" The man eagerly demanded.

"I can't, he's my son. I can't abandoned him!" The mother cried out in tears, tired of the pain.

"Don't disobey me you worthless women! You don't have a son! Get rid of him!" The man screamed in her face .

"No, no, no . . . Don't take away my only strand to keep going. Please, he's just a kid . . . My child. You can take everything away from me just not my Minho." She begged on her knees soon being kicked down to the ground.