꧁•⊹٭𝙺𝚒𝚝𝚜𝚞𝚗𝚎 𝚡 𝙳𝚎𝚖𝚘𝚗 𝙰𝚄٭⊹•꧂

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Shuberry! You're the best husband in the world!"

The lying kitsune gave him a kiss to his cheek and grabbed the pen to begin writing. Shuichi quickly started writing too, occasionally looking at the list of what he had to write. Less than one minute later, Kokichi let out a big huff and threw the paper across the room, crossing his arms. He had a frustrated, useless expression on his face.

"Kokichi? What's wrong honey...?"

The demon left his seat and picked up Kokichi's scroll, observing the scribbles along the scroll.

"Hey, I said write, not scribble..."

Kokichi let out a whine and his ears folded down. He flicked his tail and dragged himself over to the corner. Shuichi followed him, confused.

"Kokichi?"

Shuichi studied his dark face, and the kitsune's quivering lips. Gulping, he reached down to deliver some pats to the animal's ears, kneeling down to gently hold the smaller male's hand.

"Koko..?"

The demon leaned in closer, watching the other's eyes avoid him. Shuichi picked up the once clean scroll, observing the shaky strokes of ink. Placing it next to his own scroll, he noticed that the other hadn't meant to scribble. There was some resemblance to letters on the paper his lover scribbled on, however it still wasn't readable.

"Saihara-Chan, I don't wanna read! I have to take over the festival!"

"Reading is so boring; I don't want to join you! I have to sneak bugs into Ran-Chan's bed!"

There was always an excuse for him to not read with him.

"Silly Shu! Writing is too boring, I don't want to die of boredom trying to be a nerd like you!"

He never wrote anything.

"Shumai, education is stupid! I don't want Tojo-Chan to teach me anything! I'm already smart enough, I don't need some silly teaching!"

He always avoided education or teaching, even if it was something as small as Gonta-Kun teaching him about different bug species.

.

.

.

Shuichi's mind suddenly clicked. Everything made sense now!

"Kokichi, you don't have to be sad, I know now. You never got taught how to write or read as a kid, did you?"

Kokichi's eyes widened, his hand unconsciously gripping the demon's tighter.

"You're right! Nothing less expected from my detective Shumai!"

The kitsune hopped up and ran around the room in circles, his arms spread out like a plane. How did his mood change so fast?

"Just kidding! This was secretly all a big distraction!"

"Distraction..?"

"Yep yep! Hey, were you curious to why I came to you naked?"

Saihara thought for a moment, blushing at the image of a naked Oma. He shook his head to get rid of the mental image.

"It's probably to fluster me or to make me dress you, right?"

"Sadly, Shumai got it wrong... It's because I had to let my clothes dry for a few extra seconds! Unfortunately, my side of the bed is all stained with panta! Do you know why that is?"

Wait. Panta..? Shuichi recalled the panta stains on the kitsune's kimono, and then how the bed was stained. Then, his brain figured out everything.

"You were probably planning for my attention, so you decided to place your kimono on the bed and spill panta over it, and it soaked through. This allowed you to not only let me dress you, but now you will have to share my side of the bed with me and go clothing shopping too. Did I get it right this time?"

Kokichi smiled scarily with a nod, letting out a horse laugh as he revealed an empty panta bottle from behind his back.

"Too bad purple is too easily seen on white paper..!"

"Wait, what?"

I looked behind me, at the soda covered scroll.

"Dammit, Kokichi! I was almost done with that letter..!"

"Nishishi!~ Shuberry looks so cute when he is mad!"

"You know where you would look cute..?"

This intrigued Kokichi. Was his beloved finally gathering courage to flirt with him..?!

"Where? I'm so curious, my small body can't contain it! Please tell!"

"You'd look cute in the corner! Not to mention how cute you would look on your knees scrubbing the stains out of your kimono, and the bed, and-"

Kokichi let out a huff and stomped his feet on the ground, grumbling to himself.

"Okay okay, I get it already! Just give me the stain removing spray thingy."

Shuichi grabbed an empty spray bottle, filling it with water and squirting the mischievous kitsune with it before refilling it with stain removal liquid. The kitsune yelped as water dried into his clothes and grabbed the spray bottle.

"You're a real pain in the ass sometimes, you do know that, right?"

"I know, but that's what you love about me!~"

Word Count: 1308
Sorry for being dead lmao school is being rlly sucky atm and I apologise for any mistakes

Also I started this oneshot book exactly one year ago lol