Chapter 4

Sunlight streamed in through a window in a direction unfamiliar to Naruto. He turned his head and shifted slightly, feeling a strange but warm weight on him.
Hmm, that's weird, he thought sleepily. The weight shifted. Naruto's eyes fluttered open, confused.

Blue eyes gazed at his surroundings, not recognizing the room he was in. He blinked and shifted again, feeling a strange ache in his lower back. What the hell? A phone rang.

And rang some more.

That's not my ringer, Naruto thought, growing even more confused. Then the warm comforting weight on him moved and came into his field of vision, his eyes widening at the handsome shirtless man who stood and grabbed the still ringing phone from a jacket on the floor.

"Hai," he muttered into the phone, still sounding sleepy. His dark brows furrowed. "Aniki?"

Naruto could almost hear the complaining from the voice on the other end of the line. But then, the room was very quiet. The dark haired man sighed.

"Sorry, aniki. But you know very well I didn't even want to be there." More words from the other end. "I know, I'm sorry I left early. And without telling you. Something came up." More scolding. The raven rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Yes, aniki. I'm sorry again for bailing during your birthday party. I won't do it again."

Birthday party? Naruto thought. Wait... He shut his eyes and went through his memories from the night before. He shifted again and that sharp pain returned. Suddenly he remembered everything and his eyes snapped open again. Oh yeah, we had sex. Hot, sweaty, amazing sex.

...

Wait, he ditched his own brother's birthday party to have sex with me? Naruto sat up quickly, instantly regretting it as pain shot up his back and he winced. Dark eyes turned to him. He was still on the phone.

He rubbed his forehead in annoyance and interrupted the voice on the other end of the line. "Aniki, I have things to do. As you already stated, I'm late. I'll be there soon." He hung up before the other man could say anything more and turned to the naked blond he had spent the night with.

Naruto looked up at him, his blue eyes still laced with pain. "What the hell..."

"You're awake, huh?" Sasuke sighed, brain still in a muddle. "I have to go. My brother's pissed."

"So I gathered," Naruto muttered, rubbing his back. Sasuke watched him for a moment before picking his shirt and jacket up off the floor and heading to the shower. He returned shortly fully dressed, Naruto having spent the entire time trying to figure out the situation.

So I guess it really was a one night stand, he sighed. Not exactly what I was looking for. Naruto watched as the handsome man reentered the room and grabbed Naruto's clothes from the floor, tossing them to the blond still sitting in bed.

"Are you going to get up or what?"

Naruto grunted in annoyance. "Hey, you should be nicer."

"You said that last night too. Doesn't mean I'm going to do it."

Naruto frowned. He reached for his jacket and searched through the pockets as Sasuke meandered about the room, going through his things to make sure he had everything, lastly picking up the key for the room from the floor where it had fallen the night before.

"The room's reserved until noon, so you still have a few hours if you want. Just don't stay any later; I'm not paying for any extra time you're here."

"Geez, stingy with your money, huh?" Naruto mumbled as he finally found what he was looking for. Sasuke ignored him as he placed the key on the table beside the bed where Naruto still sat.