Chapter Ten.

Quinn

"We get in there, we get what we need and we go." Nancy ordered as we stood by the doors.

I took a deep breath to prepare myself and nodded.

"In and out, okay?" She asked.

"I heard you." Erica said, seemingly annoyed.

"Alright, let's do this." Robin said, and we piled inside.

I came to a sudden stop as I saw hundreds of people inside and felt my palms start to sweat.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." I said, daunted.

"Let's move, fast." Nancy said, quietly.

We all split up in various directions and I followed Erica, who was tasked with finding dark clothing for us all.

I armed myself with two black zipped jackets, fingerless gloves and two black hats, for myself and Eddie.

I could see Max gathering battery operated lanterns, bundling them up in her arms, Robin picked up a lighter and a bag full of rags.

She also picked up a petrol can and four empty glass bottles.

She glanced at me and nodded her head towards the counter.

"Hurry." She mouthed.

I nodded in response and turned the corner to walk straight infront of Jason.

"What are you hunting for, freak?" He asked me, immediately squaring up to me.

"A bear ate my dog" I said, sarcastically.

"Bullshit." He said.

"Of course it's bullshit, Jason. Why would I tell you why I was really here?" I asked.

"Where is he, freak?" He asked me.

"We lost him. He broke from us after the incident at the lake." I said.

"Really?" He asked.

I eyed Nancy at the gun counter and her eyes widened.

I motioned for her to get to the door and go, subtly with my hand that was at my side, before looking back at Jason.

"Really. He's going it alone." I said.

He'd followed my gaze and had seen Nancy with a gun.

Shit.

"Of course he is. Just a little advice for Wheeler, by the way. She's best sawing the end of that shotgun she just bought.... Less chance of someone grabbing it." He said, his face inches from mine.

"Thanks." I muttered, sarcastically.

"I'll find him, freak. And when I do, I'll kill him." Jason warned.

"What you think you know..... this is a whole lot bigger than that. How Chrissy died..... no human being could possibly do that." I warned him in a low voice.

"Exactly, but the devil could." Jason said.

"You're as backwards as this town, Jason. Hellfire is a dungeons and dragons club. It's a club that plays a tabletop game with cards, a manual and a dice. There's no pentagram, or ouija board... no goat or human sacrifice. Just a bunch of nerdy, clever kids in a basement playing a game. No black candles, no sacrificial virgins, no call out to the devil. It's a game." I said.

"You'd say anything to save him. You're involved too, I know you are." He spat.

He grabbed me by the collar and pulled me to him gruffly.