Chapter Five

Quinn

"So, Hawkins is cursed and things from the upside down have attacked you guys, you've saved the world - twice, Eleven has superpowers and now Max and new girl are cursed by Vecna?" Eddie asked.

"Pretty much." Dustin said.

"Why?" He asked.

He was sitting in the boat, clutching a box of cereal like his life depended on it.

I was sitting with Max in the corner, both of us eyeing him carefully.

"We don't know that yet. What happened at your trailer Eddie?" Dustin asked.

"She came.... She knocked on for drugs, said she was losing her mind, having nightmares, seeing things - hearing things and she wanted something to help her sleep. I tried to help her out, man..... I went into the back for something else to help and she went quiet on me. I walk back in and she's floating in the air and her eyes man, her eyes..... they were white, hollow white. And then her arm broke, her other arm, her legs, she was bleeding from the eyes and then.... And then her neck broke and she hit the floor..... I tried to snap her out of it...." He explained, seemingly traumatised.

Very understandable.

"Who knocked on?" Steve asked.

"Chrissy." Eddie said.

"Chrissy from school - cheerleader Chrissy?" Dustin asked in shock.

"Yeah man, I know she's not the type but she mentioned this clock, it chimes 4 times, appears in random places and it sounded like what Quinn had described so I thought if I stayed there they'd arrest me and I'd never be able to help Quinn or figure this bat shit crazy stuff out but if I ran they'd still think I did it but if I could hide I could try and help-"

"Hey, it's okay. We believe you." Dustin said, soothingly.

"Are you okay?" Max asked him.

"I've been better." Eddie remarked, hanging his head.

I felt a small hint of sadness wash over me and my face fell.

I felt so sorry for him.

"Did she say how long she'd been seeing things? Having the nightmares?" Steve asked.

"No." Eddie answered.

"You know, I think I've seen her coming out of the counsellor's office....." Max said, suddenly.

"Why is that relevant?" Steve asked, frowning.

"Well if you were seeing and hearing things that weren't there, had trauma and recurring nightmares..... who would you potentially speak to about it?" I asked, catching on.

"A psychiatrist!" Steve said, realising.

"Exactly. Plus, I'm also seeing the counsellor.... Maybe I could see if there's anything lying around or anything written down about Chrissy and her sessions..... she may have said how long this had been going on." Max said.

"Yes!" Dustin said, wide eyed.

"I'll find out tomorrow...." Max said.

"In the meantime you need to stay here, man." Steve said to Eddie.

"Yeah, I wasn't planning on going back home anytime soon." Eddie said.

"The police were at your place.... They found Chrissy." Dustin said.

"Oh my god...." Eddie whispered, his face draining of its colour.

He started to sweat and it was uncomfortable to watch.