Chapter Seven

Quinn

"Victor Creel, that's who Vecna is linked to. Vecna killed Victor's wife, daughter and son. They lived in Murder House." Nancy said, as we all sat in Max's trailer.

"I knew I'd seen the door somewhere." She added.

"I don't think I was supposed to see the door.... I don't think we were supposed to find out this much or get this far." I said gravely.

"Maybe you weren't, but ultimately I'm glad you did." Nancy said.

"So Vecna, he's in murder house?" Steve asked.

"By the sounds of it, yeah." Robin said.

"The gate is closed though, and we destroyed the mind flayer. So how is Vecna doing this, from the upside down?" Steve asked.

"Did you see anything else?" Dustin asked me.

"Just the door. He asked how I was seeing it." I said.

"I was just surrounded by darkness. And then I saw him." I continued.

"What does he look like?" Dustin asked.

"Tall. His left hand is larger than his right, he almost looked like he was covered in vines, and his face..... looked skeleton like. How I'd expect a dark wizard to look like. He seemed intelligent when he spoke.... He was manipulative, used my dad against me, to scare me I think.... And I could hear insects or something like that, scurrying around." I said.

"Did you see him?" I asked Max.

"I saw Billy at first..... but it wasn't his voice. He was using Billy against me to scare me. I didn't hear insects though." Max said.

"Insects?" Nancy asked.

"I could hear scurrying... like a million little legs." I said.

"But I did see the door." Max added, suddenly.

"You saw it too?" Dustin asked, in shock.

"Where I was, it didn't look like the upside down. He didn't expect me to be there, asked how I'd gotten there. I don't think I was meant to be." Max said.

"That has to mean something too." Dustin mused.

"It's almost like you both connected with him somehow... and he wasn't expecting it." He added.

"We should head to Hopper's place." Eddie said, rubbing his face.

"I'll need to head home first, I don't think my mum is gonna buy a third night of me not being home. I think if I just show that I'm there or she can see I've been there...." I said.

"Of course, I understand. I forget I have an uncle who doesn't really ask where I am, or ask any questions." Eddie said.

I also wanted to stay with Max.

Today had been eye opening and I was scared.
Scared for her, and for me.

"I'll take Eddie to Hopper's place." Steve offered.

Eddie rose to his feet, and held me by my shoulders.

"Stay with Max." He said.

"Will you be okay?" I asked, feeling guilty.

"Hey.... I'll be okay, stop beating yourself up." Eddie said, with a broad grin.

"You guys can stay at mine?" Nancy asked.

"We'll make it look like you've been home." Max offered.

I nodded, reluctantly.

Leaving Eddie didn't sit right with me.
But neither did not being with Max.