Chapter Four

Quinn

"The video store?" Dustin asked, unimpressed.

"Hey, do you have any better ideas, Henderson?" Steve asked, frowning.

"Not right now." Dustin replied, reluctantly.

"But why the video store?" Dustin continued.

"Nearly everyone rents videos from here.... And we have addresses on the system, sooo"

"So we can see if Reefer Rick has ever rented and get his address? Steve you're a genius!" Dustin cried, happily.

"And this was the guy who questioned me two minutes ago." Steve said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Dustin said, holding his hands up in defense.

"Let's go." Steve said.

We walked into the video store and a girl with short, wavy brown hair was waving happily.

"Harrington!" She cried.

"Robin." He replied, with a weak smile.

"Oh god, who died?" She asked, nervously.

"Someone from school." Steve said.

"Shit! I was joking." Robin said, horrified.

"We aren't. We need to look on the system for anyone called Rick, we need his address. We think Eddie is there. The police are looking for him, the body was found in his trailer." Steve said.

"You don't think he did it do you?" Robin asked.
"Absolutely not." Dustin argued, shaking his head.

"We haven't met." Robin said, addressing me.

"Quinn. I'm new here." I said.

"Robin. Well, this probably isn't the introduction you were expecting.... You do know everything, don't you?" She asked.

"I've had a crash course." I replied.

"Let's see what we can find." Robin said, sitting down at the computer.

"Okay..... so there's 4 Ricks in the system and within a 12 mile radius of the store. How will we know who we're looking for?" Robin asked.

"Hmmm.... If I was a drug dealer and supplier, I think I'd be renting particular movies..." Steve reasoned.

"We can check the rental history." Robin said, catching on.

"Okay, first one....Ferris Bueller's day off, Mannequin ...."

"Not him. Next one." Steve said.

"Second is...... Career Opportunities-"

"Definitely not, next one." Steve said.

"Okay third Rick rented,  Friday.... Scooby Doo and-"

"That's him." Steve said, adamant.

"132 Edward Drive" Robin confirmed.

"That's not far, let's go." Steve said, as we all rose to our feet hurriedly.

"What can I do?!" Robyn called.

"Get together with Nancy, tell her to speak to Mike. He'll fill you in, see what you can find out." Steve said, before following us out.

"I'm on it!!" Robin called after us.

*****************************

"How long have you seen the clock and had nightmares?" I asked Max, as we sat in the back of the car.