Chapter Fourteen.

Quinn

"What happened?" I asked.

I'd woken up with a tube in my nose and I was lying in a hospital bed.

I remembered being in pain and trying to pretend it wasn't that bad.

I remember Eddie helping me onto my feet with Steve.

I remember saying bye to Eddie, and then black?

Just black.

"You had an internal bleeding. You collapsed." Steve said, sitting in the chair by my bed.

He looked tired.

"Where's Eddie?" I asked, as Steve sighed.

"Try not to worry about that now." Steve said, dismissively.

"Steve...." I warned.

"He's okay." Steve admitted.

"Where is he?" I asked again, unconvinced.

"You're gonna have to tell her." Robin said, grimacing.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"The cops caught up with him. They uhm.... They're outside with him now." Steve said.

"Do you know something Harrington, if I didn't like you so god damn much and if I didn't think you were the world's best babysitter I swear to GOD I think I'd punch you so hard. What are we doing exactly?" I asked, ripping the oxygen tube off my face. I pulled the IV and stat lines out of my arms and clambered out of bed, ignoring the dull ache in my back and stomach.

"Are we waiting for them to charge him, cause if they do we're going to find it hard to get him off or out." I continued, angrily.

"We're just doing what he asked us." Robin said, sadly.

"Which was what?" I asked, angrily.

"He didn't want you to see him get arrested or driven away. He said you'd seen enough." Robin admitted as I shook my head stubbornly.

"Munson, I'm gonna kill you...." I said, under my breath.

I heard them following me, trying to encourage me to get back into bed but it wasn't working.

"Hey shouldn't you be in bed?" Dustin called.

"Not now Henderson!" I shouted back.

"Miss Reed, you shouldn't be out of bed." A nurse said, approaching me.

"I'll get back into bed once I've had a word with the cops outside." I said, pushing past her.

She went to stop me when Robin intervened.

"I think we should just let her do this and then she'll get back into bed. I promise, we'll bring her back and she'll be back in bed within the hour." Robin said, apparently making a deal on my behalf.

"One hour." The nurse replied, sternly.

And that's when I heard it.
Heard shouts and cries.

There was a huge crowd outside and all I could hear were chants of "ARREST THE FREAK!" "MURDERER!".

I pushed the doors open and waded my way through to the front.

"Hey officer!" I cried.

He couldn't hear me over the crowd and I looked around for something to stop them all chanting so I could get the officer to hear me.

I spotted his car, and spotted his megaphone sitting on the dashboard, his car door open.

"HEY OFFICER!"