13. Rejection.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| BROWN SUGA BABE |
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Summer and Joanna spent the rest of their 48-hour layover together. They never separated, not even for a second.

When they left the restaurant, they ended up back in Summer's room where they happened to have sex again. And again. Then when morning finally came, they took a shower- together- and made their way down to the beach to watch the sunrise before going out to explore more of the island.

It was perfect, their few days together from Hawaii to Fiji. But everything is perfect in paradise. Everything is perfect when you can block out reality for a little while and pretend real life is waiting for you back home.

They spent so much time being up under each other- both literally and figuratively- that neither of them talked to anyone but each other. And for the first time in a very long time, years probably, Summer didn't speak to Sunny for an entire day. They've never gone more than twelve hours without checking in with each other, so this was record-breaking for the both of them. But Summer was so preoccupied having fun with Joanna that she didn't even remember to call Sunny and update her on anything until the morning she was getting ready to leave.

And it felt good to live in the moment. It felt good to not be so dependent on Sunny's company for once. But of course, when Summer finally did get some time alone, Sunny was still the first person she called.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is," is how Sunny answered the FaceTime call instead of her usual hey girl, or wassup Sum that she would normally start with.

"I know we ain't talked in a minute-"

"That's an understatement. It's been over a day. If you never answered my text message I would have had people out there looking for your ass. You couldn't pick up the phone and call?"

"I've been... busy," Summer slightly turned away from the camera when she grabbed her hairbrush so that Sunny wouldn't see the blush on her face.

"Oh bitch, are you blushing? I knew it. You fucked her again, didn't you?"

Summer's shy silence was the only answer Sunny needed.

"Well, it's more like she was fucking me." Summer finally responded.

"Pookie, you know I'm an ally or whatever y'all call it, but what the fuck does that mean? Is it not all the same?"

"She would barely let me touch her. She just wanted to please me the whole time. The only thing we did that took some of the attention off of me was..." Summer paused as she looked for a not to R-rated way to explain what she was trying to say.

"Just say it. Don't know why you tryna act all holy and innocent now."

"When we were bumping coochies," Summer just flat out said it.

"Why she wouldn't let you touch her?"

"She just said she'd rather give than receive," Summer shrugged.

"That's crazy to me. What bitch don't wanna lay back and get they cat licked on."

"People have their reasons and preferences. I like giving too, so I don't know, maybe she'll be more comfortable letting me lead next time."

"Next time?" Sunny smirked. "So it was just as it as good as the first time? Cause sis had you stuck."

"It was better. Sooo much better. If that's even possible."

"Girl, I'm jealous," Sunny laughed. "Ain't had dick in so long that I'm starting to lose vision in one eye."

"I can't with you," Summer propped the phone up as she finished getting ready. "I really can't."