Chapter 12: Sacrificial Piece

"Oh No!" William shouted. Lucine gasped as she saw Nick become engulfed in the explosion. Nick was propelled backward and smashed into the wall of the walkway. Brick, dirt, and other debris darted about.

"Nick!" Lucine shouted again. The ceiling of the sewers was almost non-existent after all the fighting. A torrent of rain and light shone down from above. It exposed a maimed Nick. He had raised his left arm to shield the rest of his body and face, a move that may have saved his life even though his left arm was in tatters. Exposed bone and blackened flesh could be seen. Even the left side of his face was burned. His left eye was now red. Nick's eye had rolled up into his skull while blood poured down the left side of his body. Lucine felt as if she was going to vomit. She had to lean against the wall to stop herself from falling over. "Wake up... please... Please let this be a dream!" Lucine prayed only to open her eyes to still find herself in that terrible sewer. Nick, a bloody burn victim before her, "Alex! Do something! She is going to kill them!" Lucine shouted.

Nick smiled the best he could before panting, "I thought you were going to take your time with me? I guess we're skipping the foreplay, huh?"

"No! I am finishing this!" Talia shouted. Now weakened, the knight knew she had to finish them. Elyan was getting his ass handed to him by Alex. The silver knight showed no signs of slowing either.

Nick could see she was eyeing Alex. "Are you afraid? Because you know he is stronger than both of you? You finally realized we are here just to slow you down and injure you. Don't worry, it's already too late. Even if you kill us, Alex is going to finish you off. You're already dead, you useless bitch."

Talia looked as if she was going to blow a blood vessel at his words. "You welp! I am going to roast you alive!" Talia roared as reddish energy began to radiate from her.

"You're going all out. That means Hexar isn't here. Otherwise, he would have shown up already," Nick stated.

"It's time for you to be quiet, forever." Talia whispered now. The knight now focused on all the magic coming from her body.

Keeping the wall of fire up around her, Talia summoned another spear. Abigail quickly loaded another arrow into her bow. "Damn it, just give me one more opening." Abigail whispered to herself.

Talia could see Abigail readying her arrow. "I know you have magic arrows! I am not dumb enough to give you another opening!" Talia shouted. The wall of fire would surround Talia, as she twirled her spear above her head. The flames began to spin around her like a twister.

William began to sweat and he whispered to Lucine, "This was what I was talking about. They pushed her into a corner and now she is casting a powerful spell."

Lucine could feel the dense magic in the air. It made her skin tingle and crawl. "I have never felt anything like this." Lucine whispered.

The flames around Talia became so thick that they could no longer see her. Talia charged at Nick and Abigail. A huge tornado of flames billowed towards them. Nick stood his ground, gritting his teeth. The soldier was already one foot in the grave. Nick held up his sword and yelled, "If I die here, I will die with honor!"

"I will leave you as nothing but ash!" Talia screamed as she charged him.

Before the swirling flames collided with Nick's sword, a black blade came flying right at Talia. It broke through the tornado of flames and crashed through her spear. The spear instantly exploded, and Talia's hands and forearms instantly became scourged. Her gauntlets were completely obliterated. The tornado of flames burst into ash and sparks, followed by another scream from Talia. The black blade landed on the ground next to the female knight. Across the canal, Alex was standing without his great sword.

World of Gods: Blackwaterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें