Chapter 23: Always

I've never been so awkward eating breakfast in my whole life. Except now, that I'm with these people.

Sitting beside Red, I couldn't dare to look up. His mom is sitting across him while his dad on his right side. They are quiet that only the sound of utensils can be heard. The servants around are stiff and alert.

And speaking of presence...it's so heavy and intimidating. Damn, parang natatakot akong makagawa ng kahit anong ingay. Ang hirap ngang lumunok!

Heck, I know how to behave on times like this but I am still nervous.

Since I had coffee already, I only ate a small amount of food. I thought no one refuses to speak but then I heard his mom's voice.

"Do you not like the food?" She ask while staring straight at me.

"U-uh--" I cleared my throat and wipe my mouth with table napkin at the same time. "I just don't eat a lot in breakfast." I gave her a smile.

She smiled back, nod her head and went back to eating. "I want to invite you over for a tea but I assume you're going somewhere with Red today?"

What's with these people and tea?

I look at Red. "Really?" I sounded confuse.

"Today is Porsha's Festival. There'll be a lot of fun around." He smile at me but looks apologetic for not telling it to me sooner.

"Okay," I responded in a low voice.

His parents introduced themselves to me earlier before the meal. Though, his mom made all the talk. I never heard his dad's voice. He's the quietest person I've ever met. Looks pretty serious, too. In contrast with them both.

After breakfast, I went back to my room to take off my sweater. I also change my clothes and wear a beige dress--five inches below the knee-- and partnered it with brown heels. May mga faded flowers na pattern 'yung damit ko pero hindi siya distracting. Just enough not to make me look boring and basic. It's long-sleeved already.

Nang matapos ay sakto ring may kumatok sa pinto. I opened it and saw Red. He's wearing a suit and oxfords. Instead of blazer to complete his outfit, he layered it with long black coat.

I bit my lips, thinking about wearing a coat. But I don't want him to wait and I would look weird so I went out of the room.

He reach out for my hand and hold it firmly.

The main event is held on the campus,  as what he said. We have to ride a vehicle to get there. At first I was anxious because there's a lot of people wandering around.

Lalo naman no'ng lumabas si Red. All of them face him and bow for respect. Napahinto tuloy ang mga tao at nasa kan'ya ang atensyon.