Chapter 11: Cruelty

Cold and windy. That's the atmosphere up here in the twin mountain as the Prince and I sitting next to each other. Kanina pa kami tahimik at niraramdam ang presensya ng isa't-isa.

My room just feels suffocating for us to talk there so he brought me here. And now, I don't know how to restart the conversation we had earlier.

"I only have a week to stay here." He started. "That's why I wanted to clear things out—whatever it is before I leave."

"So basically, you came here because you're bothered or something close to that?"

"That's right."

I wonder what bothers him? As what I know, he's never been here. It's Devin's first time for years to have a visitor.

Well, I have a gut feeling but I don't want to assume.

Humarap siya sa 'kin. "And since I don't have that much time to stay here...do you mind if we share another meal?"

"Will you force me if I don't?"

He smile. "You made me realize one thing." He look up to the sky. "My dad raised me alone. Whenever I ask him about my mom, he can't give me a direct answer. It's always 'I'll bring her back, I promise'. I cannot complain because he's a busy man and I don't want to add to his burdens so in return, he always give me what I want."

"I see." I responded in a low voice. "Kasama mo na ba mama mo ngayon?"

"Yes. It's a bit complicated to get close to her at first but I understand where she's coming from. Good thing her kindness is overwhelming. When she came back, she always made me feel that I'm loved and cherished."

"What about your Dad?"

He chuckle. "Dad is not really showy. He's honest and blunt. Although, I notice that he's sugarcoating his words."

I can feel him rested his arms behind me. "What about you, Lancey? Mind sharing something about yourself, too?"

I smile coldly. "No need. Nothing's interesting—"

"Try me."

Napalingon ako sa kan'ya na kasalukuyan ring nakatingin sa akin. "Huh?"

"Try opening up. Ako naman ang kausap mo so it's okay." He move his face a little closer to me. "Swear, even your favorite color will interest me."

I blink. "Red..."

"Hmm?" He responded in a low voice.

"My favorite color is red."

Napalabi siya. "I thought you're saying my name." He then took a breathe. "So...why red? I want to know since it's my favorite, too."