"Karen?"

Twinkie said and I got up going over to Karen who was just staying still.

"Karen?"

I said squatting down to her and looking her in her eyes. She was looking down and not moving at all.

"Is auntie okay?"

Angel said...

"It's her blood sugar...it's low when she's like this."

Kierra said jumping up and running over to Karen.

"She needs candy, juice, soda.
Anything hurry! Mommy hold on you're gonna feel better soon."

"We have juice"

One of the hairdressers said and ran to go get the juice. She quickly came back with it and I took the cup making Karen drink it but she slapped it out of my hand.

"Stop! I don't want it!"

"Karen drink the juice girl,
your sugar is low"

"No Mama! You better stop!"

"I'm Dorinda now drink this juice."

"No mama if you don't stop imma hurt you"

"I'd like to see you try now, drink it!"

She kept hitting me but Twinkie helped me by holding down her hands and Jacky held her mouth open then she was up in arms and drank the juice.

"There you go"

"Is she okay?"

One of the hairdressers said...

"Yes, she's diabetic."

She gave me more juice and Karen drank it.
We all stood around her and Kierra fanned waiting for Karen to come back. I dabbed the sweat that was all over her face and finally, she came back. She looked around at all of us and then back at me.

"I'm sorry...I- I'm so sorry"

"Don't apologize we just want you to be alright"

Twinkie said...

"Here drink the rest of this juice"

I said and she took the rest of it.

"I'm truly sorry y'all. This is embarrassing."

Karen chuckled nervously as everyone backed off but Kierra and I were by her side.

"You want me to call daddy?"

"Yes honey please"

Kierra went to go call her father and I stayed beside Karen making sure she was okay.

"There you go girl, now you're coming back."

She looked me in the eyes nervously and I assured her that she was gonna be okay.

"You're gonna be okay.
Did you eat this morning?"

"No, I just had some decaf coffee and came here."

"Now you know better. I'm gonna go grab you a sandwich from the pizza place down the street. I'll be right back."

I left and came back 20 minutes later and Drew was already at the salon checking on Karen with J Drew and Judah.

"She knows she supposes to eat.
I keep telling her to focus on herself and then worry about others but it's Karen. She's a caring, loving, and selfless woman. So who can blame her."

He said talking to Jacky and Twinkie as Karen now was sitting on he sat down in the chair next to Karen. I handed her the sandwich and a diet soda and she immediately ate it.

"So girls, I know y'all said there's no more Clark Sisters but how about a one-last time performance? I mean y'all are getting asked about a lot so your coming back one last time from popular demand."

All of us stayed quiet and I sat there as if I didn't hear him but I responded.

"It's not the same without mama so no I'm out sorry y'all."

I said up in arms...

"Twinkie?"

"No sorry, I'm not ready to perform without mama"

"Jacky?"

"I can't I'm back full time at the hospital."

"Karen?"

Karen just shook her head no.

"Y'all it's one more time that's all.
I mean...one more time shouldn't hurt.
Right?!"

Everyone stayed quiet and no one else talked about another performance for the rest of that day. We haven't performed since mama died and with Karen being sick that's no help. so we all called it quits...

The book is almost done

@JaiCreations 😮‍💨