"Yes, remember? I was to be married to him by now. But he is dead now. He let his pride get the better of him and provoked the alpha of a werewolf pack."

"Pleasant. Well, now you have Elijah, apparently." Rebekah says and Morrigan looks down, a faint blush painting her cheeks.

"Well, I also have the rest of you, which I am eternally grateful about." She says before the cook rang the bell.

"Supper time," Rebekah says, picking up the child. I get up and so does Morrigan.

"I think it will be nice having you around more. You're loved by this family probably more than this family loves each other." I say and she looks down, a blush still covering her cheeks as she tucks two strands of hair behind each ear.

"That's very nice of you to say, Elijah."

We walk into the dining room and Morrigan seats herself in one of the last two available seats, which was next to Rebekah, therefore, I sat next to her.

The conversation was thankfully not small talk since we had known Morrigan for over three years, so the night ended up with Kol and Rebekah bickering over something and Klaus pouring Morrigan more and more water. At least after the multiple explanations of why she can't have wine, he finally got it.

Quickly, the baby started crying again and before Morrogan could get up, Rebekah jumped out of her chair.

"Can I grab her, please?" She asks.

"Please, be my guest," Morrigan says with a smile. When she walks back down gently with the baby, I remember her want for a big family when we were human, so it kind of made sense that she showered her godchild with affection. When she sat down again, Niklaus spoke up.

"A toast," he said, raising his glass. "To these next years, with Morrigan with us and magic baby." Morrigan had a broad smile across and raised her goblet of water, clinking it with everyone elses.

"I'll second that," Rebekah says.

End of Flashback

What has my life been reduced to? Following tips into pits of civilization. I never stopped searching for her, while I knew, in the back of my mind, that more likely than not, she was dead. Long dead. Probably thanks to me. Probably thanks to my enemies who finally found a way to get to me.

Morrigan Brooks

I woke up on a couch. Not the couch at my house. A couch that was probably the only thing that wasn't falling apart.

The second thing I noticed was that it felt like I had been hit by a truck, the truck stopped, reversed over me again, and then sped off, going over me again. And then for good measure, I had a very dry mouth. And very dry everything really.

The third thing I realised is that my head was on someone's lap. I looked up and saw who it was.

"Kathrine?" I say, but then last night comes rushing back.

"Elena," the girl explains. "Sorry, is it... Morgana?" She says with uncertainty and I smile.

"Morrigan. Call me Rory. It's nice to actually meet you since last night you weren't really in the right state to introduce yourself."