18 The Difference (Lucas)

It took no convincing to get Piper to leave the club early with me. We found Connor on the dance floor long enough to inform him we were leaving and promise we would send Kevin back for he and Leah to have a driver for the night. Then we were pulling each other through the club, hand in hand, while I texted Kevin to meet us. He pulled up a moment after we exited, starting to get out to open our door but I waved at him to stay inside and opened the door myself, eager to get home with my wife as soon as I possibly could.

Piper slid into the backseat just before I did and, the moment the door was closed, Kevin pulled away from the curb, headed back toward the house. Piper glanced up at him and then turned to look at me, her hand grazing my thigh.

"Kevin," I said. I heard the gruffness in my own voice and cleared my throat to appear normal. "The partition."

He didn't need to be told twice. Without a word, he rolled up the wall between the front seat and the back. Piper was on my lap in an instant, her lips on mine, her fingers curled in my hair. I kissed her back just as feverishly, placing my hands on her hips and gently pushing them down so that she rolled deliciously against my throbbing erection. She gasped softly and pulled away, biting her lip as if surprised by her own reaction.

That's right, I thought, no panties.

I gave her a wolfish grin and lifted her easily off of my lap, placing her sideways on the seat next to me so that she was facing me. I gave her a gentle push so that she fell back against the glass of the window. I reached for her gorgeous legs, lifted them up onto the seat and spread them. She watched me curiously. I ran my hand from her ankle up over her knee to her inner thigh. Her breath hitched when I paused there but then ran my fingers back down to her ankle. She exhaled, clear disappointment on her face. I grinned down at her.

"What is it, cariño?" I asked with a smirk. "What do you want?"

Her eyes met mine and I saw the fiery desire there.

I kept rubbing up and down her leg with one hand but reached the other around to her chest. I pulled her deep neckline to the side so that one of her breasts popped out. I gave it a gentle squeeze, rolling my thumb over her nipple, feeling it harden at my touch. Her eyes closed and she took a measured breath.

"Tell me," I whispered, still caressing her breast.

"Touch me," she whispered back.

I obeyed. Dipping my finger inside of her, rubbing her externally with my thumb while I continued to caress her breast. She moaned and I ran my hand along her chest, from one breast to the other, popping that one out of her dress as well. She squirmed against my fingers and I took a moment to just watch her. She looked beautiful in that moment.

Suddenly, I wanted to be closer to her.

I pulled my fingers out and shuffled out of my seat. Luckily, a limo had enough floor space for even a big guy like me to kneel comfortably in front of the back seat. I grabbed her hips and pulled her so that she was facing forward again, her back against the leather seat and her butt hanging just over the edge. I looked up at her once and then dipped my head down between her legs.

"Lucas—" she started but then stopped talking when she felt my tongue against her.

Her words faded away into nothing but loud moans and the repeated, breathless, uttering of my name. I licked her until she shuddered against me, crying out in her passion. When I sat next to her, she kissed me and we remained fused at the lips, my hands gently caressing her breasts, for the remainder of the ride home.

When the car came to a stop, she glanced in the direction of the driver's seat, her cheeks coloring as she remembered that we hadn't, necessarily, been alone and she had definitely been loud enough for him to hear her and know exactly what was taking place in the back seat. But I simply helped her cover herself and didn't give her the time to be embarrassed, lifting her into my arms out of the car and carrying her into the house without even glancing Kevin's way. I doubted he minded but I'd have a talk with him in the morning anyway. The man deserved a raise.

I carried her all the way to the bedroom, though she kissed my neck the whole time and I started to wonder if we were going to make it that far. Then I tossed her onto the bed, walked around to the nightstand, and pulled out a condom. I shook it in the air, raising a brow, and she smiled, reaching for me. I pulled up the comforter, slipping into the bed with her. We made quick work of our clothes, each of us stripping them away and tossing them to the side.

I turned back to her then. Propped up on an elbow, I took her chin in my other hand and tipped her lips to mine. We kissed for a while again, tongues exploring each other as if they couldn't get enough. Our hands roamed freely over each other's bodies, touching and feeling until our breaths were coming in quick gasps and our chests were flushed. I reached for the condom, rolling it on, and then rolled over her, bracing myself with my hands on either side of her head. I looked into her eyes, seeking permission, and she gave it with a nod, a smile, and a sweet kiss on my lips.

I parted her legs and pushed into her, hissing in satisfaction the moment I entered her. She gave a soft gasp and then closed her eyes. I thrust slowly, reaching up to cup her cheek and looking down at her.

"Look at me, Piper," I spoke gently. Her eyes fluttered open and locked on mine. I held her gaze as I pushed into her again. She gave a little moan and I, encouraged, pulled out and pushed in again. I gave her a kiss and pulled away, keeping my eyes on hers as I thrust into her again and again. She watched me as well, unable to look away.

I understood it then. The difference between sex and making love. This eye contact, this connection, it wasn't just physical. There was an adoration in her gaze that I was certain was reflected in my own. Even when I picked up the pace and we both came to the end, unraveling in each other's arms as we screamed out in pleasure. Chests heaving, panting, we faced each other, eyes locked. I reached out and brushed a strand of hair from her face. She ran a finger along the stubble of my jawline. Neither of us moved away. Neither of us wanted to be anywhere but right here, right now. That was the difference.

And I never wanted to live without it again.