12 Business As Usual (Lucas)

Nothing, in ten years, could have prepared me for the moment that I finally, thankfully, consummated my marriage. It was, without a doubt, the most incredible night of my life and waking up next to her in the morning only solidified the amazing, floating feeling in my chest. I left her there, in bed, and headed up to the helm. As much as I suddenly wanted to stay out on the water with her forever, I knew we needed to head back to shore. I was needed in the office this morning for a meeting at ten am. Though, how I was going to keep my focus on work and away from the prospect of replaying every instant of the previous night in a permanent loop in my head for the next week was unimaginable.

Just as I'd raised the anchor and started steering us back toward the mainland, Piper came padding up the stairs, barefoot wearing only her green lace bra and matching thong. I eyed her the instant she emerged, my cock rising to attention even more so than it already had this morning.

She rubbed sleep from her eyes and pulled the blanket around her shoulders more tightly around her, obstructing my phenomenal view.

"Are we moving?" She asked, her voice groggy. I smiled. Not a morning person then.

"Unfortunately," I answered. "We've got to make it back to port in time for me to head to the office before my meeting this morning."

She nodded, looking almost disappointed. I kept one hand on the wheel but reached out to grasp hers with the other.

"Piper," I said her name and she came alive, eyes opening fully to meet my gaze. "I had an incredible time last night and believe me when I say the last thing I want to be doing is heading back to the mainland but—"

"Business awaits," she replied with a sleepy smile.

I pulled her hand to my lips and kissed it. She grinned back at me before heading back below the helm to get dressed for the day. As was becoming common for me lately, I felt like the luckiest man in the world as I watched her go and wondered immediately how I'd gotten such a perfect woman into my bed last night, already thinking about how I could get here there again.

We weren't far from the coast. I pulled into the dock just before 8 and then went back to my suite to get dressed. I pulled on one of the suits that I kept on the yacht, adjusting my tie and fixing my hair. Then I strode out to the main cabin to find Piper seated at the bar, eating a bowl of cereal. I placed my hand on the small of her back and kissed her forehead. I couldn't seem to stop kissing her. I was so thrilled that I finally could.

"What do you have planned for the day?" I asked as I made myself some coffee.

"Don't know," she answered with a shrug. "I wasn't sure how long we'd be... doing this."

She gestured at the yacht and I smiled.

"Doing what, exactly?" I asked, raising a brow as I leaned over the counter. Her lips quirked up in a knowing grin and she pushed me playfully away.

"You know, seeing the sights, staring out at the pacific," she said and I nodded.

"Sure."

She giggled and I smiled as I poured my coffee.

Once we were both ready for the day, I grabbed our luggage and we left the yacht, walking down the dock and toward the entrance to the marina where Kevin was waiting with the limo.

"Shit!" Piper gasped the second we reached the end of the dock.

"What?" I asked, turning back to her in alarm. She was looking at her phone, her eyes wide and jaw dropped.

"My friends," she said. "They're on a flight here now. Apparently they drank a bit too much bubbly last night and booked themselves tickets. I didn't get the message until now because there was no service on the ship."