9 Sink or Swim (Piper)

Big did not even begin to describe Lucas' boat. It was a massive display of modern luxury. Three fully stocked bars, two equally stocked kitchens, a pool and hot tub on the deck, a functioning spa and sauna, countless elegant bedrooms, even a dance floor and DJ booth. But there were no servants, not this time. This time, it was just me and him, all alone on this enormous yacht.

"I'm going to sail us out to anchor and then I'm hoping you'll join me on deck for a swim," he told me, shooting me a wink as he set our bags down by the bar and hurried off toward the stairs at the back and what I assumed was the helm.

I walked forward toward my bag, understanding immediately why Maria had demanded I pack a swim suit. Of course, I hadn't actually brought any with me to LA so I'd had to send her out to buy one for me. Now, I supposed, it was time to see what she'd picked.

I grabbed my bag and headed off in search of the nearest bathroom. It wasn't far off the main cabin, just right down the hall. I stripped off my clothes and started pulling the bikini on. I smiled at myself in the mirror when I was done. Given what Maria had chosen in the lingerie shop, I should have expected this much. Maybe I subconsciously did and that's why I had trusted her to buy a swim suit for me. But she had certainly not disappointed. Of course, she was on Lucas' payroll so perhaps that was the reason for the tiny little fuchsia triangle bikini I now found myself in.

I rolled my eyes but, if I was being honest, I didn't mind it. After spending all of last night drooling over my perfectly tailored husband, after the comment he'd made about not crawling into bed with me for a very specific reason, I'd wondered what it would be like to actually try to make Lucas Vega want me. I never knew what he was thinking. One moment, he looked at me like he wanted to tear my clothes off right then and there, and the next, he was winking and smiling as if it were all a part of the act. I needed to know, one way or another, if it truly was. Because there had never been this heat between us before. I needed to know if it was one sided. So, settled on my plan of ruthless seduction, I donned a pair of sunglasses, fluffed up my hair, and headed out toward the deck.

The view of the pacific was beautiful. White-capped waves splashing lightly against the ship as Lucas steered it out into the open water, gorgeous California sun beating down, making the ocean itself glisten. I sat on the edge of the pool, my legs dangling over so that my feet were just barely in the water. It was warm but not hot, just cool enough to be refreshing. I sighed and leaned back, arching my back and letting the sun warm my face.

"Alright, I've dropped anchor so we're not going anywhere until—" he broke off and I looked up to find him staring at me, lips parted slightly, eyes bulging from his head. I toyed with the string of my bikini on my hip as if retying it, acting aloof.

"You were saying?" I asked.

He blinked back to reality and cleared his throat.

"Uh, right. I've dropped anchor so we're stopped for now. I thought it was as good a place as any," he continued, turning away from me.

I allowed myself a small smile of victory as he turned away but it faltered a moment later when he tugged his shirt up and over his head, letting it fall to the ground in a heap. His gorgeous muscles were glistening in the sunlight and I knew I was staring just as hard as he had been but I couldn't help myself. He noticed, of course, grinning at me as he waited, letting me get my fill.

"Why are we here, Lucas?" I blurted, trying to draw his attention away from my obvious staring. I was afraid that I might start drooling at any moment and then the jog would be up and I would no longer be the one doing the seducing. "I'm hoping you didn't bring me out here to murder me and escape with all my hard-earned money."