11 Like A Pony (Piper)

A/N: WARNING: Spicy scene coming up

Who was this bold woman who told men she was attracted to them and practically gave them a free pass to feel her up on occasion? It wasn't a Piper I'd ever met before. But I liked her. She made me feel alive. And so did Lucas.

The way he was watching me now, dark, hooded eyes firmly on my face while we finished our meal, hardly speaking to one another, was so animal that I nearly stood from my chair and ripped my own dress off. And I imagined that his thoughts were not far behind.

We finished our dinner, and our wine, while making polite small talk, avoiding any further mention of sex or attraction. Then he stood from his seat and crossed the table to me. He held out a hand and I took it, letting him pull me to my feet and lead me out of the kitchen and dining room and back toward the deck. I started to ask where we were going but knew the moment I saw the pinkish orange light slanting in through the windows. The sun was setting. He was taking me to watch the sunset with him.

It was a romantic thing to do, especially more so given that I'd basically given him permission to tear my clothes off and he'd opted for this romantic gesture instead.

There was a fire pit on the deck, which he lit up the instant we reached it, surrounded by an assortment of comfy outdoor couches with puffy pillows and light blankets. I shivered in the evening breeze coming off of the water and Lucas wrapped a blanket gently around my shoulders before lowering me onto the couch and taking a seat cozied up next to me.

He propped an arm up onto the back of the couch behind me and lifted a leg so his ankle rested against his knee. He was giving me a few inches of space, not pressed too up against me without my permission. But I nuzzled in next to him anyway, pushing my cheek into his hard chest as I wrapped the blanket tighter around my body. He went rigid at the touch but only for a moment, then he relaxed into it, even dropping his arm from the couch to wrap around my shoulder, letting his hand fall into my hair where his fingers absentmindedly played with the dangling strands. Inwardly, I groaned. Were men even aware of how sexy that was?

For a while, we watched the sun set in silence. I stared out at the beautiful horizon and the shimmering pastels reflected in the ocean with a content smile on my lips. I didn't realize Lucas had been watching me until I turned to find him staring, a look of fervent adoration in his eyes that sent my heart soaring.

"What are you—" I started but I got no further.

He raised two fingers to my chin and pulled my face up to his like he had done before. But this time, when our lips met, it was no chaste peck meant for the viewing pleasure of those around us. It was searing, hot passion, years of pent-up desire, melding our lips together by the sheer heat of it. I shifted in my seat, moved in closer, and he parted my lips with his tongue, searching, exploring. I welcomed him in with a soft sigh and the muscles of his arms tightened and contracted around me in response. The kiss grew deeper, more frenzied. I pushed against him until I could get no closer from his side.

So I separated from him and met his gaze. His eyes were dark, hooded, boring into me with an obvious, carnal desire. We were breathing heavily, our chests heaving in unison. He took my separation as retreat and began to back away but then I stood, letting the blanket fall around my feet, and turned to face him. I placed my knees on either side of him so that I was straddling him. His eyes widened a fraction as they swept over my body, from my lips to my chest, right at eye level, to my lap against his. Then I leaned in and let my lips crash against his once more.

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He held onto my hips, massive hands gripping me with a familiarity that seemed to indicate they belonged there all along. I let my tongue work against his, running it along his bottom lip, biting playfully. He gave as good as he got but then I took it a step further. I clenched down and swivelled my hips, rubbing myself against his erection that I felt pressed up against my center.