epilogue.

His hand is on my knee as I look out the window impatiently. Waiting for a sign of land; all I see now is the blue ocean. We're about to reach the coastline of Portugal—the tv-screen in front of me told me so.

I'm pretty nervous, when we reach Spain it means it won't be much longer before we arrive.

Del's hand squeezes my knee, making me aware of the fact that I am nervously bouncing my leg up and down.

But then I see it.

Land comes into my view, everything is very tiny since we aren't descending yet, but I can clearly make it out. The sky is also clear, with not a cloud in sight to barricade my view.

Everything is so much more real now.

I really am on a plane with my boyfriend, on our way to see my dad in Spain. I am bringing my fucking boyfriend to meet my father. He doesn't even know my mom yet, who lives just a few hours away, but I'm still taking him overseas to meet my other parent.

Is this too much?

Maybe.

However, the way he is leaning with his chin on my shoulder to also look out of the window makes me forget about that. His physical proximity always clouds my mind.

"Almost there now, ice baby." He whispers with his head still on my shoulder.

He is right. It's just a little over an hour now.

An hour that will probably last a lifetime, and my nerves will only get more extreme.

I turn my head to the side, my lips grazing his nose. He leans a bit further so he can catch my lips with his. We share a soft kiss, but it only lasts a couple of seconds. We've kept our PDA to a minimum since there still is another person sitting next to him.

The flight is packed. Apparently, a lot of people are going to Spain for Christmas, whether that is to visit family or vacation. The weather in Madrid is almost the same as back home in New England, so it can't be to avoid the cold.

"Do you wanna listen to music together?" I ask him.

Both of us are leaning back in our seats now.

Having seen the coast, I have no business looking out the window anymore. I don't want to have a sore neck by the time we land.

"Sure, our playlist?" He asks.

"Yes, pretty please."

He fishes his AirPods out of his pocket, opens the case, and hands one to me. Now it would be more romantic if we were using the ones with a cord and being forced to keep our heads close, but let's be real, they are so impractical. Wireless headphones are the best invention ever.

Once I've got the AirPod in, I wait until I hear the delightful melody of a song we've sung together in the shower, Locked Out Of Heaven, one of the first songs we've done together.

I lean back in my seat and let my head fall to the side, so it's leaning against him. I close my eyes and get lost in our playlist for the rest of the plane ride. The memories these songs bring me to help me to escape the flight and be back in the shower with him during the early days of our relationship.

I've embraced the situation by now. It ultimately brought me to him, my big love.

His act of deceit, obsession, and lust is what brought us together—duplicity.

It's twisted, but our story. I've learned by now not everything is rose-colored in life. We've been walking a fine line this entire time.

Everything worked out for us, no more secrets, no more deception. I love Del, and he loves me.

I got lost in my thoughts for the remainder of the flight as I listened to the familiar music. I did not even realize we were descending until the plane landed rather hard, shaking me out of my thoughts and back into reality.

It all goes quickly after that. We get to leave the plane and go through passport control before we get to the luggage belt, where our suitcases are already on and are going around the hall waiting to get to their rightful owner.

After having collected our luggage, we walk through the doors into the arrivals hall. There are loads of people, waiting to retrieve their loved ones or just to escort them to their taxi.

It doesn't take long for me to spot my father.

He has a giant balloon with him saying "Welcome To Spain" in the shape of a heart.

With my suitcase, I speed to him. A big smile on his face mirrors mine when I jump into his arms. He lifts me into the air and squeezes me tight.

God damn, I've missed him.

We might have not been the closest lately, but having him close makes me so happy again. A few tears spring to my face when I take in the comforting scent of my dad.

"Mi hija, you're here." He says when he slowly puts me down again. He holds my face in his palms to take a good look at me. The last time he saw me was for graduation, after all. Placing a kiss on my forehead, he finally takes a step back to look at the man standing behind me.

Del reaches his hand out to my dad, who takes it appreciatively.

"It's so good to meet you, sir. Kiya has told me many wonderful things about you. Thank you so much for welcoming us to stay at your house." Del thanks my father holding his hand with both his hands showing how much he appreciates it.

My dad puts his free hand on Del's shoulder, "call me Diego, kid. If my daughter loves you enough to bring you here, you've earned that right. You're pretty much part of the family."

Del's face brightens at his words.

"Now let me get some of that luggage and walk you to my car," Dad says and takes our two big suitcases. Before I have a chance to argue, he turns around and starts walking toward the exit.

I feel Del's hand on my back, and he leans down to give me a swift kiss before we follow my dad, only having to carry our trolleys.

We find the car quickly as dad always remembers perfectly where he parked—truly a blessing.

My dad insists on putting our luggage in the back and doesn't accept us lifting a finger to help him. So we stand a couple of feet back, watching him silently, Del's hand entwined with mine.

Within a few minutes, dad closes the trunk and walks over to the driver's side of the car, our signal to get in as well.

Our Christmas holiday in Spain is about to start, and I can't wait to spend it with my love by my side.

Before I can open the car door to sit shotgun next to my dad, Del stops me and immediately pulls me in for a savory kiss.

"Feliz Navidad, my ice baby." He whispers against my lips, "I've won the chase to get you."

//

EL FIN.

BOOK TWO
SCANDALOUS FLING
OUT NOW!