12.

So we ended up in Gabe—and a few other players'—house now.

The ride with Del and the two other boys was alright. Dino ended up connecting to the BlueTooth and put on some rap songs I didn't know. But I'm thankful for that because it made the whole ride less awkward than it otherwise would've been.

Turns out, Brooks is quite the talker. Luckily the conversation wasn't focused on me, as he was mostly hyping the boys about the game.

So thanks to Dino and Brooks, Del had calmed down. He stopped fidgetting, and his nerves seemed to have calmed quite a bit. He engaged in conversation with the boys while I just sat back. I didn't feel the need to mix. I like to stay reserved.

I think Del knew I wasn't wanting to interact right there in the car. He knows that is a trapped situation for me, so him leaving me be—is really appreciated.

When we got there, Del helped me out of the car. Brooks and Dino practically ran inside, clearly eager to get inside to whatever party we would encounter inside.

When we eventually got inside, I was amazed by what I saw. There were way more people than I had expected, and there was some sort of black lights party going on.

I definitely missed the memo for that as I'm dressed in dark clothing.

The music was loud. Most were wearing white or neon, that practically lit up in the dark, and on top of that: also covered in neon body paint. When looking closely at the people, you could definitely spot those who had recently whitened their teeth. It was quite a comical view of us, standing there both dressed in dark clothing as outsiders of the party. It might have seemed comical, but it only made me more frightened to enter the party at all. It would draw more attention to me—I would be the odd one out, not blending with the crowd.

Del seemed just as confused as me. I was under the impression he had thought, just like me, that this would just be a chill gathering with some of the players and not something big like this thing seems.

When Del went to Gabe for some explanation. He told us he didn't know anything about it. Apparently, one of his roommates—who is not on the team—had decided today would be the perfect party.

So that is now how I ended up sitting on a stool in the kitchen with Gabe applying some face paint to my skin.

"Look at you, Kiya!" Gabe beams, "living up to the theme, now go off have some drinks."

Shyly I smile at him, "thanks."

Taylor, who has since joined us in the kitchen, gives me a hand as he helps me to get off the high stool.

Del has wandered off somewhere. He left as soon as Gabe offered to put face paint on me with Taylor's assistance.

At that moment I realized, what if he thinks Taylor is the other guy. The other guy I'm sort of romantically involved with. I hope he doesn't, but for him, that might make sense. I mean, I say there is some other guy when I'm never actually seen with that guy. The only guys I hang out with are boys from the hockey team and my roommates.

"Guys, I'm gonna look for Del, alright." I quickly tell them.

"Sure, but if he starts to annoy you, you know where can find the real party people."

I smile at them and then walk into the crowd that has gathered in the living room.

I look around trying to spot him. He is not that hard to find, as I soon spot him with some of his friends from the hockey team. He has taken his blue crewneck off and is now sporting the white shirt, he had underneath.