04.

We walk to the frat house which isn't too far located from our hall. I trail behind Darlene and Maxine as they take the lead and I let them I'm a little nervous so I wouldn't engage in a conversation with them anyway.

It's after 10 pm as we approach the house.

We didn't want to come too early because they agreed to leave when I wanted to. Knowing me, I'd like to go home before it has really begun.

I promised them not to leave before midnight, so I got to sit it out for a little under 2 hours.

We walk up the lawn of the house. People have already littered around in front of the house holding red cups or cigarettes as they have a breath of fresh air.

I recognize a few faces as we walk up to the door to get inside. Some people might even be taking some of the courses I'm in. But I don't see anyone I've ever actively had a conversation with before.

I know Oliver, my roommate, will be here. So that's at least one person I know.

I love Oli; I really do.

However, we don't have a lot in common. He is outgoing and friends with a lot of people. On top of that, he is a total gym rat. He might seem scary and intimidating, but behind the muscles, he is a big teddy bear—as his girlfriend would describe him.

I was a bit worried Tamara might be here but then I remembered the hockey team is going to be here, meaning her ex is here. The same ex I bluntly snapped at in the supermarket, but we're here to fix that.

Oli and the girls are going to introduce me to the team. Oliver is friends with a few of them. The girls are well acquainted with them too, at this point.

We walk through the threshold, where loud music greets us. Heaps of people have gathered around the living room.

As we walk further into the room, I spot Oli. He has noticed us and he beams up and moves toward us.

"You made it!" he screams loudly and enthusiastically as he engulfs me in a hug first. He greets Darlene and Maxine as well before he takes my hand and pulls me back to the people he was standing with before, "come on I have a few people for you to meet."

I let him drag me there until we come to stand in front of two broadly built guys, one has a short buzzcut, and one has gorgeous dark Disney prince-like hair.

He is aware of me being here to meet the hockey players tonight, so it wouldn't surprise me if these two are on the team, and he has been warming me up to them.

"Kiya, this is Milan and Gabriel. Guys, this is Kiya." He gestures between the two of us.

Buzzcut steps forward and opens his arms to give me a brief hug first, "Hey nice to meet you but call me Gabe please, my full name sounds too formal." He smiles as he pulls back.

After Gabe has stepped aside, prince hair pulls me into a hug.

"Kiya, you look gorgeous," he whispers into my ear, his lips grazing the shell, making me shiver. He pulls back and looks at me, "only this fucker here calls me Milan, but most people call me Taylor." He says.

He earns a confused look at my expense, so he further explains, "my last name, because of the hockey team." He says, and then it clicks.

So Oliver indeed introduced me to hockey players. Milan— or Taylor is very charming and knows how to work someone up.

Oliver wraps an arm around my shoulders as Taylor and Gabe are now standing back in front of me again. "So now that you've met Kiya, I must warn you both, especially you, Mil, don't try anything. She is practically my little sister and I won't hesitate to break your shooting hand if you hurt her." He threatens them with a joking tone but there is some sense of seriousness behind it.