14.

I am sitting on the counter as Del is pouring me a drink. He said he didn't want to drink much alcohol tonight. So, he made himself the person in charge of making my drinks instead.

I am starting to think he doesn't drink much at all.

He most likely values an occasional joint now and then more than drowning himself in alcohol. He likes the self-medication that weed does for him. I think he would much rather be high than be under the influence of alcohol—getting drunk and losing control is not for him.

I've noticed he likes control. He is a natural leader. He gives off that type of dominance. Pulling the strings gives him more energy. He gets a thrill when he gets the power in his hands.

He takes the drink off the counter and hands it out to me.

I eye the cup before I take it from him. He looks at me expectantly as I lift it to my lips to have the first sip.

It's sweet, not too strong, but I can still taste the faint hint of alcohol in there. Del did well. If there's something I hate, it's the taste of alcohol. I cannot deal with the bitter taste it leaves behind. I only down shots when I'm already drunk. At that point, I don't even taste the alcohol anymore.

So this drink is just perfect for me.

I take another small sip and then place the cup next to me on the counter.

I lick my lips, collecting the sweet taste of the drink that is left there. I watch Del stare at my mouth as my tongue slides over my lips. He seems to be entranced by my action.

"You like it?" He asks when he manages to get his act back together.

"Hm, yeah. It's good. Thanks,"

When the bus arrived back on campus, we immediately took off to this party. The boys had already showered in the locker room and were back in casual clothing.

Del had told me to bring new clothes too. So I could change after the game.

I am wearing nothing too extravagant, just jeans and a t-shirt. I didn't want to wear a dress because I knew that would make me uncomfortable at one point during the evening.

We're in a house I'd never been to before. It looked immense from the outside. Now from the inside, it seems even more extensive. I have no idea who lives here, but I'm sure it's a whole group of people.

"You wanna go join the living room for a bit?" Del asks.

"I'd rather stay out of there for a little longer," I tell him honestly. The living room is an area that spikes my nerves. "Is there somewhere else we can go?"

"Yeah, come on." He says and holds his hand out to help me off the counter.

I jump off. Del puts on hand on my hip to keep me stable when I land on my own two feet again.

I feel the heat rise to the spot he just touched me, and it seems like we're both frozen for a while. Standing close to each other, I look into his eyes—there is that same fire in his eyes that I am feeling go through my body right now. I'm in flames.

I'm burning with desire for him.

How can I be so attractive to him? It's so intense.

Slowly Del removes his hand from my hip and retreats it back to his own body. My hand is still wrapped in his hand, though.

Del turns around and starts walking—pulling me along with him—we push through the crowds of people gathered here. I notice that people greet him as he walks, and he is always kind enough to say hi to everyone back.