Chapter 42: Sasuke's Success

ابدأ من البداية

"Hey, it helped." I shrug innocently. "Though he is rubbing off on me too much. I even said, 'Dynamic entry' at one of my fights a couple of months ago." I add thoughtfully, and Neji stops in his tracks.

"No, not you too." He breaths out in horror, his expression fearful.

"I didn't yell it or anything!" I defend myself. "I was cool, and cold, it was badass! I had just shot an arrow through someone, it was a dynamic entry!" I go on and try to defend myself, all the while snickering at Neji's expression as we all ran. I had to stop when we came across more Zetsu's again, and I had to remember we were in a war, and it wasn't time for reminiscing.

We continued our route towards the third division, parts of the fifth joining us along the way. We heard from HQ that the first division has defeated all of their reanimations, and that Naruto has helped keep all the fakes away. 

Before we could meet up with the third, our intelligence contact informed us that the real Madara appeared at the fourth division's unit, and that the Kage are on their way there while the units retreat. The fourth division was the smallest one by design, having only stronger, ranged and genjutsu fighters in it. Shikaku had already planned to have the forces there be the smallest, because inevitably they would be no match for either the reanimated Kage, or for Madara. Shikaku made most of his planning for the moment of when Madara would make his appearance, and had set it up so the Kage get there sooner, rather than later to join forces and fight. Since Tsunade already knows that Obito is not actually Madara, she said she as confident in not falling into the trap of wasting time 'figuring out' who he is.

We can all feel a huge tremor rock the entire ground, everyone feeling it all over. I knew it was from the Rinnegan in Madara's eye, using the planetary devastation. HQ sent out word, confirming as much to us. I know we are getting close to the climax of the battling at this point, even if I haven't seen Obito yet. I can only assume he is with the Jinchuriki going after Naruto and Bee. 

I wonder if Sasuke and Itachi are on their way right now to end the reanimation jutsu, we haven't come across any besides the Sound Four so far in our division, though Shino did break away to fight a reanimated Aburame at one point. This time around, Sasuke shouldn't be going around trying to destroy Konoha while the battle is going on, we talked about him getting to Itachi as soon as possible. Wherever he is, he's too far for me to see at all, not that I would be able to spot him with all these people around.

Neji has to scold several of the shinobi in our ranks while we travel. They were getting overconfident and letting down their guards, and almost getting taken out. He and I had to rush in and save the chatty ninja from being ambushed by Zetsu's. I left the scolding to Neji, he's good at that. He often has to scold Guy and Lee all the time, and me after the Pain assault. 

After Neji was done scolding, we heard and felt another tremor that rocked the ground, and saw darkened clouds off in the distance. It was off in the direction of the front lines, where we were heading. HQ informed us that was where Naruto was fighting the Jinchuriki's, along with Bee, Jiraiya, Kakashi, and Guy Sensei. It clicked in my head, that must be where the final battle will happen. We increase our speed to get there faster as the rain starts to fall.

We started to see glowing white balls of light all over from the distance, and shortly after, HQ informed us that the reanimations were all released and undone by Itachi and Sasuke Uchiha. I grin at this, so proud and happy that Inoichi and Shikaku spread the word of who did it. I told Shikaku all about how Itachi and Sasuke were innocent of their crimes, and that they would be the ones to release the reanimation. I'm happy to hear that they are now being praised as war heroes, out loud, to every unit in the war.

"He did it!" I call out happily.

"Wait, you knew he would?" Neji asks me skeptically.

"Of course I knew. Sasuke was never evil." I say confidently.

"How could you have... you've been in contact with him!" Kiba stutters out, realization washing over him.

"Where do you think our advanced intel on the war came from?" I ask him smugly. It technically came from me, but many of it was confirmed from him. "He's been a spy this whole time for me."

"I can't believe you knew and didn't tell us!" Kiba yells at me, seriously offended I never told him. "We were planning on killing him!"

"You would have failed, he's too strong." I say nonchalantly. "I just hope the second part of the plan worked out for him..." I say wistfully, thinking about his brother.

"Second part?" Hinata asks me as we near the front lines.

"Itachi also deserved a second chance. I created that opportunity for him, I just hope they took it, those bleeding noble hearts." I say to them all. It's a good thing I never told Sasuke that there's a rogue ninja sealed in the black scroll, ready to be forcefully sacrificed. He might not have done it, or Itachi might not have allowed a life to be traded for his. What they don't know, can't hurt them.