Chapter 36: Danzo

Start from the beginning

"Too slow!" I yell out, sending a second attack at point blank range where he can't defend at all, successfully killing him a sixth time. I rejoin Sasuke again and update him, "He has died six times now, we need to kill him four more times."

"How is he continuing to live after each hit?" He asks me in frustration, still not seeing how Danzo is doing it.

"It is the power forbidden even among the Uchiha. Izanagi." Danzo informs Sasuke confidently, getting back up. "As for you, Hyuga. Your speed is impressive, however your wind attack is inferior to mine." He says darkly, then does a wind style jutsu, Giant Vacuum Ball. Sasuke wraps us both in his Susano'o, blocking the attack. Danzo then summons a bizarre giant monster and uses it to attack us.

"Sasuke, do a fireball. I'll enhance it." I tell my friend and he starts to prepare a giant fireball jutsu. I treat it the same as I do Neji's and I's Twin Missile attack, and enhance it with wind, making it larger and faster. We together catch and kill his summoning and Danzo himself easily before the animal even attacks us. "That was easy, but it bought Danzo time. He has an interval in between when he can use that Izanagi move, I was watching earlier. It's only a 60 second window, but during that time we can attack his real body. I'll create an opening, you attack."

"Very well, bossy." Sasuke teases me as we go in for the attack. 

I choose not to use wind, he will likely be able to counter it if I blatantly use it when not catching him off guard. Instead, I use Gentle Fist along with my enhanced strength and speed, and I kill him again by targeting his heart. He cannot match my skills. He comes back to life again, only now he only has two eyes left, so when I see Sasuke moving in, I kick Danzo towards Sasuke, who stabs him with his lightning blade. 

"Again!" Sasuke calls out to me, and I summon my scythe. He takes Danzo's body and throws it towards me and I swing and slice his body in half.

"It's done. That was... too easy." I observe, looking with my Byakugan around. I know that Obito and Karin have been watching the whole time, and they join us now.

"Shisui's eye will be mine now." Obito says.

"Madara." Danzo breaths out, slowly dying on the ground, cut in two. "For the world of ninja, for Konoha, I cannot allow you to live." A seal appears on his torso, and I rush to Sasuke's side where Karin also is.

"Sasuke, get away from Danzo!" Obito yells out to Sasuke, but I already have Sasuke in my grasp. I also link an arm through Karin's, and transport all three of us to where I had perched to watch the fight. I had marked the tree before I left. We all watch a large black bomb sphere appear where Danzo was, all of us would have been caught in the explosion.

"That was close." I say, releasing both of them. "Everyone alright?" I ask them both. Obito appears next to us. I turn to glare at him firmly. "You."

"Ami Hyuga, I believe." Obito says to me in a cold, deep voice. "I am Madara Uchiha, I have waited a long time to meet you. You have been an annoyance in my plans for a long time. Tell me, why are you here now?" He asks me with an edge.

"I came to kill Danzo." I tell him honestly. "He was a poison on my village, and I took the opportunity while he was out of his safety net of his foundation. Happy coincidence that Sasuke was there as well." I shrug nonchalantly to them all.

"An unlucky 'coincidence' that I am also here." 'Madara' says threateningly to me, but Sasuke steps in front of me.

"Enough, she will not be harmed." Sasuke says firmly in a dark tone. "She was just leaving anyway."

Obito stares hard at Sasuke and me for a moment before relenting, "Make it fast, we need to leave soon." He says to Sasuke, then teleports away.

"Sasuke," I turn to him, "We only have a few minutes before Sakura and Naruto arrive, I can see them coming. I need to give you this," I hand him two scrolls, "Look at them in private, you will know when to use them. Only open the white one though, the black one must wait to be opened until it's being used." I warn him.