Chapter 34: Konoha Saved

Start from the beginning

"Kiba!" I call out in relief when I can finally breath again. "We have to kill that Pain by any means necessary!" I choke out an order to him and his mom, and they both smirk at me in reply.

"Leave it to us, Ami." Kiba says proudly as he and his mom attack this Pain relentlessly. It's not the strongest Pain, his strength lying more in his soul stealing abilities, so it is easy enough to defeat between the Inozuka's and the backup that arrives. The Inozuka's are fast enough to handle his speed, and as they are fighting, several ANBU appear to back them up and keep guard over the body once it's defeated.

"Kakashi." I breath out, making my way over to my exhausted friend. "Look, you didn't die." I say weakly with some sass to it as Katsuyu heals both him and me.

"You almost did just now." He counters just as weakly. We're both freaking tired, him from chakra use and me from fighting the summoning animals and then two Pain's at once.

"Where are the other Pain's? We have the Naraka Pain, this one must be kept dead at all costs since he can revive the other Pain's, but how are the others? I only know that the Animal Pain was killed." I ask the ANBU captain.

"All other Pain's have been defeated, there is only the Deva Pain left. The intelligence we had beforehand was a great help in being prepared. However, they still did a lot of damage." He says, and we look around at the smoking and crumbling buildings. The summoning animals had managed to make it a fair distance away before Neji took down that Pain, also the Asura Pain's missiles did a lot of damage too.

"Where is the Deva Pain?" I ask, looking towards the Hokage tower with my Byakugan and not seeing him there like I thought. I look all around, until finally I see him up in the sky. "Shit!" I call out, alerting everyone's attention. They all follow my gaze to the sky. "Katsuyu, get everyone underground or out of the village, immediately!" I order to my slug, and she nods to pass on the message. I see the Deva Pain raise his arms up into the sky and I get a really bad idea.

"Ami, don't!" Kakashi yells out, seeing my hands form the seals, but it's too late. 

I could see the beginning of the Almighty Push happening, and I transport right up to Pain, high in the sky. I have only a split second before gravity starts to make me drop and I grabed him firmly by the shoulder as I see the center of the village begin to be destroyed from his attack, and I lock on to a marker I have out in the forest. I transport us both there to the forest, then I lock right back onto Neji's marker since it's the most familiar to me, getting out of there before seeing if it worked.

"Ami!" Neji calls out as I pant and breath heavily, falling to the ground next to him where he's with the ANBU guarding the Animal Pain.

"Holy crap that was terrifying." I breath out, shaking in the aftermath of basically freefalling for a moment over a city that was being destroyed. It was seriously the scariest thing I've ever done. "Neji, 2 kilometers Northeast, did it work? Is Pain there? Did it get destroyed?" I ask, too tired to use my eyes anymore.

He looks at me for a moment longer in concern, then activates his Byakugan and looks where I told him too. His eyes widen in shock at what he sees. "It's all destroyed. Everything there has been leveled." He informs us all in disbelief.

"It worked!" I cheer half-heartedly, too tired to put any real feeling into it. I really don't have amazing stores of chakra like Naruto or even Sasuke do, I am not built for constant back to back attacks like this. "That destruction was about to happen to the village. I got him out in time. Keep an eye on him, make sure he doesn't leave. Now can someone tell me where the hell Naruto is?" I ask the group in whole in irritation.

"His messenger toad was dispatched to get him before the attack, he should have arrived with Lord Jiraiya a while ago." The ANBU captain says to me in confusion.