Chapter 32: Kakuzu

Start from the beginning

"Asuma Sensei!" His former genin team call out to him, and Ino immediately starts to use medical ninjutsu to heal him and ease the pain in his arm.

"Oh my god..." Ino breathes out, assessing his arm. "It's completely crushed." She says sorrowfully as she works to contain the pain.

I breathe out tiredly, and use my eyes to look for Kakuzu's body in the rubble. "He's still alive. Barely, he's dying, but he's still alive in there." I quietly tell the two teams around us.

"Leave it to us." Aobo says, moving in using an earth jutsu to move the boulders. He takes his kunai and slips it into Kakuzu's remaining real heart and effectively kills him. 

Two down. 

"We did it." I breathe out in exhaustion, falling backwards and feeling the after effects of the fight catching up to me. I took a lot of damage from Kakuzu while we fought hand to hand, his hits were intense.

"We have to get Asuma back to the village, immediately!" Ino calls out in a panic. I force myself to sit up again, and Shikamaru is instantly by my side, helping me up.

"Thank you, Ami. I saw what you did in there, you saved his life. Without you, he would have died here today. Thank you." Shikamaru says, tears forming in his eyes. He doesn't know how true those words are.

"I would never let my friend die." I saw seriously to him. "He was my Sensei too. I couldn't watch him be crushed to death if I could still move to save him."

"You almost got crushed as well. You could have left safely yourself, but you didn't, your eyes were always on Asuma. Actually, you were watching him the entire fight." Shikamaru says, a hint of suspicion. It's true, my eyes were locked on Asuma the whole fight, and I stayed by his side as often as I could.

I turn and lock eyes with Shikamaru for a moment, trying to convey a message that I couldn't verbalize. "I'm glad it worked, for the most part. He needs to go back to the village to get treated immediately though." I say quietly to him with sincerity, then turn and speak louder to the others. "Ino, Kotetsu, Choji. You guys get Asuma back to the village immediately, leave now." I order, and they gather him up and start to carefully head out, Ino continuing the medical ninjutsu as they ran. "The rest of you, gather up Hidan's body parts, but keep them separated. We need to bring him back to the village for questioning and imprisonment." I say, then turn to the head still tied to Izumo's belt and smirk. "Sucks being immortal, doesn't it? You'll be begging for death after dealing with Ibiki." I say creepily to him.

"Hey! Let me go! I don't know nothing!" Hidan screams out in rage, then changes his tune to a condescending calm one with a chuckle. "You're out of luck. I'm the newest Akatsuki member, I only just joined. I don't even know what their goals or plans are." He then starts to laugh maniacally.

"Someone find the member's rings before you seal up the bodies." I call out, and the others give me a confused expression. Raido, who's injured but healed enough to travel by himself, grabs the one off of Kakuzu and Aoba brings over Hidan's hand to me. I take the ring off of it and add two more rings to my collection. Five down. Five to go. I grin as I put them in my pocket, and go to take a step back to home and realize I can't move. "Oh..." I start to fall but Shika catches me and holds me up. "I'm tired. That was almost as bad as training with Guy Sensei." I chuckle out tiredly.

"Almost?!" Shika asks me in shock, "Is that how you're so insanely fast and freakishly strong? You're just like Lee with the weights, and like Neji with your genius strategies and precision. Your whole team is unreal." He says with a sigh.

"Thanks for catching me, Shika. Might need your help getting home." I say sheepishly as he smirks at me.

" I say sheepishly as he smirks at me