Chapter 31: Hidan

Start from the beginning

"That second one hurt so much, I could feel the difference. It was insane." Naruto says in disbelief. "What's the third one for?" He points to his third clone.

I smirk at him, "I had to make the wind attacks my own, and make them unique for me and my abilities. Basically, I created an all new way of using wind. Watch." I walk to the last one, and combine the wind with my Gentle Fist technique.

"Ah!!" Naruto yells out when his clone dispels and returns to him. "What the heck was that?! I barely saw anything, but that pain..."

"I combined my Gentle Fist with the wind, and targeted your clone's chakra points." I inform him proudly and watch Kakashi and Yamato look shocked again. "I use it on a larger scale with my fans, where the attack targets the chakra network and creates micro blades that slice quickly with the wind. It took me a long time to figure out how to fine tune that one, and even now I have to be very careful on when to use it. I think you can take some of your specialty moves and use the wind in them, you just have to be very careful. If you or your comrades get caught in them, it can be deadly." I warn him seriously. He nods and thinks for a moment, then he gets back to work with new determination.

"You're heading out now?" Kakashi asks me seriously once it was just me and him again.

"Yes. I just hope my changes are enough. The platoon we had stationed for defense at the Fire temple was already destroyed, these Akatsuki guys are freaks. I'll use my plan, and my backup plans if need be. I'll bring our friend home, Kakashi. Alive." I vow to him seriously. "Just get Naruto training with the wind and then head out and meet us if need be. He's stupid, but he's strong and inventive. Keep things simple for him, and he'll get it. He's ready." I take my leave then after Kakashi nods with resolve.

"Asuma, your platoon will have an extra member. Take Ami Hyuga with you since you are heading to the temple." Tsunade orders the next day as all the platoons are gathered before our proper dismissal.

"Ami." Shikamaru and Asuma say in surprise as I go to join their squad. The other members are Izumo and Kotetsu, who also greet me with a smile.

"Hey guys. I'm gonna join you on this mission, something tells me you're gonna have all the fun." I say with fake enthusiasm. If they notice it's fake, they don't comment on it. 

We head out at once, our destination is the Fire Temple first. We get there after a day of travelling, all the while Shikamaru and I plan out potential attacks. This time, we all know in advance about the ritual of Hidan and about Kakuzu's multiple hearts. Tsunade cleverly put it in as 'intel' received from our fallen comrades.

When we get to the destroyed temple, the remaining monks tell us about what happened. They inform us that Chiriko, one of the lead monks, was killed and taken by the Akatsuki members to a collection center. We move out at once to the nearest location to the temple.

"They're there, I can see them." I call out to my team, using my Byakugan to see the two immortals ahead. "Call out for backup immediately, have them converge on that location right away." I order, and Izumo sends out a message for backup to the nearest teams. 

We pause and go over last minute strategies before moving in. I take off my weights I'm wearing, which currently total almost 300 kilograms. I have spent the last three years slowly increasing them again, even if they are nowhere near as much as Lee wears, it's still a significant amount.

"There's only one right now, let's move in." Asuma orders, and we set out. We surround Hidan, each of us launching an attack on them. Hidan uses his scythe to try and attack Asuma, but Asuma's too fast and dodges effectively. I summon Ningame, he and I have been working on this for a while now, so he knows the drill.