Chapter 22: Assassin

Start from the beginning

"So he needs to be killed... again." He says after a while.

"Maybe. In the story, he feels regret and tried to redeem himself towards the end of the war, but it's too late and Zetsu betrays him. Maybe if knowing now, if being able to try earlier to stop him, maybe he can still change. But it will have to be by you. You need to train with his Sharingan eye you have, make it even stronger than you ever have." I tell him.

Tsunade asked more questions about plans to prevent the destruction of the city and how to avoid sending out ninja on certain missions, like Jiraiya's when he dies. Since we already have the info he dies for, he no longer has to go. I told them all about Danzo as well, so Tsunade can be more on guard or even just kill him herself if the opportunity arises. I want Sasuke to do it, but I'm sure he won't mind eventually if someone else kills Danzo first.

~ time skip, 1 year later ~

Training alongside Kakashi has been very rewarding. He has helped me learn to use my water release, and how to effectively use it with my new scythe. On most our assassination missions, I tried to only use it and not any other weapon, that way I can become proficient at it as I am with my others. There were several mission where I was surrounded by enemies, and the scythe is perfect for that when I'm tired and low on chakra. Thanks to all my years of using weights with Guy Sensei, my strength is incredible, and I can swing the scythe effortlessly, and it swipes through an enemy easily. When I add water release to the scythe, it extends the reach of the blade and makes it heavier, so it's almost like being hit with a large mallet that also slices. I can even use my wind style with it, and it makes it sharper as I cut. I started to grow a name for myself, with the only identifiable parts of me being the white eyes that can be seen through my decorative fox mask and my large scythe.

 I started to grow a name for myself, with the only identifiable parts of me being the white eyes that can be seen through my decorative fox mask and my large scythe

When we are on missions where stealth is needed instead of power, that is where I excel with my wind style. Kakashi and I worked out a more effective way to keep my arrow shots silent. Previously, the wind around them would sound like a whistle, and if an enemy is fast enough, they could react when they hear it and dodge. Kakashi actually had the idea to add a third layer of wind around the arrow head, one that contained the noise. He helped me create a new wind jutsu that I can use at the time of the shot to create that third wind layer. It made the force a little less deadly, but actually improved the accuracy and the range. The third layer of wind basically worked to contain the arrow in its own little bubble, which really helped me become one hell of a sniper.

On one of our missions, it took us to a recently abandoned hideout of Orochimaru's. There were still a few of his underlings staying there, but as we infiltrated, we couldn't see any signs of the snake or of Sasuke. After we took out those left behind, we managed to gather several useful bits of information, one of which was Orochimaru's own notes on the Reanimation jutsu. He was so obsessed with immortality, he was using different methods to find a way to permanently bring someone back from the dead. In his notes, he found one way to complete the reanimation. A live sacrifice could be used to transfer the dead persons reanimated soul into the sacrifices still living body through a ritual, though it was incomplete. I made sure to take this, because when the war comes, there may be a few people I can try and give a second chance to.