Chapter 16: Invasion

Start from the beginning

"Did you take down all of these guys yourself?" I hear someone ask me as they helped me sit up. I look up and see Ibiki looking down at me.

"Yeah, but not enough. Too tired after the exams and the snakes to get those others." I pant out tiredly as he helps me stand.

"Don't rest now." He warns me as more come towards us. I put away my fans, they use too much chakra that I don't have, and take out kunai. Ibiki smirks at me for a moment before facing the incoming enemies.

I join his group to fight for a while, until finally the battling dies down. I turn and look around, seeing a lot of destruction everywhere.

"I'm going now, I need to check on my brother. Thank you for the help, Ibiki." I say urgently as I leave. I run as fast as my tired, injured body can in order to make it back to Neji. I get to the stadium, looking around to find him. I spot Guy Sensei and Kakashi, and go to them first.

"Sensei." I say as I appear, "The battling in the village has died down, most if not all enemies are defeated." I report to him. "Where is my brother and Lee?" I ask desperately.

"I am right here, Ami!" Lee calls out from the stands. He's struggling to stand with his crutches. "I saw Neji leading the evacuation to the south exit."

I nod to him and set off to meet up with Neji. I find him there, injured but still relatively alright. We were both drained from our fights, but at least we had a soldier pill before the attack.

"Ami, there you are!" He calls out to be concerned. "I saw the snakes go down, but you didn't return."

"Got sidetracked, saw Sound ninja attempting to raid the Hokage tower. I took out the first wave, but got caught off guard when I was exhausted. Got saved by some other shinobi though, stayed with them for the second wave. How was it here?" I ask him tiredly.

"We had a lot of Jonin here, and ANBU, so it was mostly evacuating citizens. I helped take out a few though. Got hit by some rubble catching it." He shrugged in response and I sigh, knowing he's fine.

"Where's the Hokage?" I ask him, wondering if my arrow helped him at all.

"I haven't seen him since you shot the Kazekage." He replies, then follows me as I make my way back to where he was. We find him surrounded by his ANBU. He is dead, so I guess it didn't help him at all.

"Damnit." I mutter out quietly. One of the ANBU turns to me and walks over to me.

"You were the one to shoot the arrow, Ami Hyuga." He states to me and I nod sadly, "It helped. It slowed down Orochimaru's timing on an attack, and gave Lord Third the time he needed. But unfortunately, Orochimaru fought dirty and used resurrections. There was nothing anyone could do, but at least you got a shot in. I thank you for your reactions and speed."

"Orochimaru?" Neji and I ask together. I knew, but I have a part to play.

"Yes, he was impersonating the Kazekage." He informed us.

"So I didn't shoot the Kazekage then. That's good, I was really worried about repercussions. I just reacted." I chuckle nervously. That parts true, I was and still am worried for the blow back from shooting Orochimaru a second time. We bow and leave them to the Hokage and we rejoin our Sensei, who is helping Lee get out of the arena. We help him home, then head to our own as well. We patch each other up as best we can, neither of us so injured we need to go to the hospital. I take a bath and bid Neji good night, and go to examine the scrolls I stole.

The first scroll, the meeting minutes, has a lot of info in it, even if most of it is irrelevant. However, I do find the mention here from Lord Third. He had approved Shisui to use a special genjutsu technique to avoid the coup. It mentions how Danzo voted against it. When I read further, I almost shouted out in glee. Here is a passage stating that Itachi requested one person to be spared from the assassination. The document is heavily redacted, but I can still make out the details enough, and I know Sasuke will be able to as well. I copy the important details into a separate scroll for safe keeping, and then store both scrolls separately in my house, one in my room under a floor board, the other stored in the ceiling in our fathers room, just in case.