Deputy Dewey(13)

September 26 1996
Benji's POV
The News parade starts up once again in front of my school. Steve and Casey are the only thing anyone has been able to talk about, even out of the psycho headspace from last night I get a little ego boost from it. What the fuck is wrong with me. I've finally blown a fuse haven't I?

While I wonder about my existence, Sidney and Tatum spot me and rush over. Sid pulls me into a hug and a bit of the guilt reappears. Ok good. I'm not total garbage.

"Hey Benjamin, did you hear about Casey and Steve? There saying it's even more brutal then the last two-" Tatum cuts herself of when it clicks in her brain who she's talking to and I squeeze Sid's shoulder a bit.

"Sorry, but anyways it's really bad. Apparently her parents found her body hanging from the tree. B-R-U-tal am I right?"

"How do you know all this Tate?" I decide to use a nickname because what the hell? Not like it'll matter in a few days.

"Umm Hello? My brother works at the station, doy" she taps my head with her finger and we all chuckle as the reporters finally spot me and Sid. Probably should have walked inside rather then standing right in front of the school. Leading the charge is non other than satan herself: Gale weathers.

Gale cornered me in the store right after my dads death to ask if I felt bad about how everyone knew I wasn't the kid he wanted. If that isn't bitchy enough, she asked if I was the one how did it. I mean I kinda was but who the fuck ask a grieving son that? I hope the boys end up killing her. Fuck, I have lost it haven't I?

"Sidney Prescott! Benjamin Argent! How are you feeling about the recent murders? Do you think it's the same person who murdered your father?" She stick the microphone towards me and I thank god Sidney pulls it away from us before I lost it. Tatum grabs both our arms and starts walking toward the school as I speak.

"I don't know but the real crime here is your outfit. What are you a highlighter?" Tatum snorts a bit at my comment, but apparently Weathers didn't think it was funny.

"So you think these murders are a joke? They never could find who murdered your dad, was it a joke when you killed him?" A couple gasp and other sounds of shock fill the air and I freeze in my spot. Trying to push away the tears forming in the corner of my eyes, I go to cuss her out but Sid speaks for me.

"What's your problem Gale? Why can't you leave us alone? Benji didn't do anything and the fact you'd accuse him just shows everyone what a horrible person you are." Now in the middle of our trio, Sid grabs my other arm and both girls power through the crowd of reporters and student until we're at Tatum and Sidney's lockers.

"You ok ben?" I nod as I wipe away the clear droplets, thanking Sid as she gives me a tissue.

"Yeah I'm fine, thanks Tatum. She's just such a bitch Ya'know?" The girls laugh and agree and I feel my smile return when Billy, Stu, and Randy join us. Randy squeezes my shoulder when he gets close enough, I guess it's obvious I'm upset.

"What's wrong BB? Sad the Vikings got their asses kicked yesterday?" He's joking around but I pick up on his concern. Tatum looks up at her boyfriend from between his arms, smiling before talking.

"He's fine, Gale Weathers is just securing her spot in hell" She looks at me still grinning, I think that was an attempt at cheering me up, how sweet. I toss the tissue in a nearby trash can and move to let Sidney open her locker.

"Yeah she'll probably be doing that till the day she dies" the look my brunette boyfriend is giving me makes his small comment heavy: he's checking to see if I want her dead. How the fuck do I respond? I know I was thinking about her dying earlier, and I do want her dead, but I don't want to give the orders. Oh fuck it I already sacrificed my morals by assisting last night.