Prescott (5)

Benji's POV
I'm woken up the next morning by Stu, lightly shaking my arm. School starts in 2 hours and I have no idea how I'm gonna pass my test. After laying in bed for a few minutes, I go downstairs to see Mrs. Macher made pancakes for us. When Billy and Stu come downstairs we eat before Billy drives me home so I can get ready.

I shower, brush my teeth, and change my clothes in time to walk to school, when Randy stops me.

"Hey man where'd ya go yesterday? You said you'd stop by around 6."
Oh yeah yesterday was movie night. We started these a couple weeks ago when Randy learned how much I like horror so we could "compare our thoughts" with each other.

"Oh I wasn't feeling to great and forgot to call, I'm sorry. How about we do it tonight?"

"I got work from 4-9, but it's usually pretty slow if we wanna watch them there."

"Ok sounds great let's meet at the fountain after school. What did you end up doing anyway, just watch them alone?"

"Ok you can't tell Billy" he glances over his shoulders and makes sure no one is listening in. "But Sid actually came over, said she was freaked about her mom dying and all that, I guess Tatum and Billy were busy soooo," Randy grins and does a thumbs up motion, making me chuckle a bit.

"So your her third choice for company? Real nice for you" His smile drops a bit and I hit his shoulder lightly. "Hey man I'm just kidding around, how is she by the way? I haven't really been able to check on her since everything happened" I feel a bit guilty asking about it knowing who did it, and try to push the idea out of telling Randy. Love the guy, but he'd tell the cops before I finished speaking.

"I mean she's kinda rough Ya'know? I mean how else would she been after somebody butched her mom, she sees him leaving, and walking in on the body? I would be a lot worse then her that's for sure."

Oh Fuck. She saw them leaving. That's bad.

"Oh she saw him leave? Who uh, who does she think it is? Did she get a good look?" I try to steady my voice, god I sound so suspicious. Is that my normal voice? Are my hands normally this sweaty, god I need to stop this.

"That Cotton Weary guy, Ya'know the one that yelled at us when we saw Leprechaun in Space. God that was a terrible movie" he laughs, apparently not noticing my nervousness as we arrive at school. I see Sidney and the Riley girl hugging, guess they've gotten close recently huh? I should probably talk to her more, but if she's gonna get killed, does it matter much anyways? This shit is so morbid.

We approach the girls and I hug Sidney, while she lets out a few quiet sniffles.
"Hey Sid, I'm sorry about what happened, why are you back at school so soon?"

"I can't stay home all I can think of is-" tears well up in her eyes as I hug her again.

"Hey, I'm sorry for bringing it up, let's get to class, yeah?" Sid nods as we start walking together into English before the bell rings and go to our respective seats. I toss her a sympathetic smile as Stu sit next to me.

"Hey Ben" I tense a little. I know I said I was fine still talking to them, but that was before I saw Randy and Sidney. They're going to die and I'm just gonna let it happen. I'm an awful person.