Here's Johnny(12)

September 25 1996

Benji's POV
Todays the day life starts to get hard again. Tonight, Casey and Steve will be having a movie night at her place, and before the sun rises again they'll both be dead. Stu told me that the original plan had Randy dying tonight, but switched to Casey after our night together and making them promise not to kill Randy. Some how Billy has gotten me to agree to talking to Casey on the phone while they surround the house. I don't know why I agreed to this shit, maybe because I was drunk, maybe because it was just getting to the good part of our 'alone' time, doesn't matter much now I guess.

I'm halfway down with my walk to school when familiar footsteps followed by Randy's arm over my shoulder break my train of thoughts.

"Hey Benji, how's it going?" He has this huge grin on his face and his eyes hold a sliver of excitement in them.

"It's ok, didn't sleep that well. What's with the look? Sid finally admit her undying love for ya?" He rolls his eyes before answering,
"Nooooo, I got my job back! Wanna come to my first shift as a newly reinstated member of the work force?"

"Isn't the reason you got fired last time because you kept inviting people to join your shifts? And I got homework 'n chores, but I'll come by after." I can't tell him that I'll actually be an accomplice to murder, but I hate it like chores. So maybe it's only a half lie, right?

"Yes, but only because Tatum and Stu fell into a display. As long as it's only you, I won't have to worry!" He finally removes his arm from my shoulder when we split paths, walking to out classes on opposite sides of Woodsboro High.

"See you tonight Benji!" I laugh, not bothering to turn around and I put a thumbs up, ignoring the looks that come with having your name scream in the halls. I walk a bit longer until I reach first period, tossing my bag next to the desk as I sit. I smile at Stu when he enters the classroom, joking about something with Sid as he walks over to his seat.

"Hey BB, what's crack 'a lackin' this fine day?"

"Okay one, crack 'a lackin', really?" I raise my eyebrows as mock confusion rest on his face.

"What you don't like it? I think it's just nifty" he spreads his arms and leans back, smiling when he realizes he made me do the same.

"Ok Stuey fine it's swell, two, how are you always this energetic in the morning? Teach me your ways" I have my head in my hands, propped up on my elbow facing him, and make eye contact when I'm finished speaking.

"Well I have a lot to be happy about! I scored the winning touchdown at the last game, my grades are up, a loving relationship," He sends a quick wink at the last part, a small giggle leaving my lips. "And finally, I feel BIG things coming soon," he raises his eyebrows as he whispers, the bell rings before I can reply and class begins.
—————————————————————
September 25 1996 8:00pm

This fucking sucks. I'm squatting in a bush, it's cold, and I got kicked in the face when we kidnapped Steve. Now I have to psychologically fuck with Casey before watching her and Steve die. I want to go home and watch a movie, but no, I fell in love with murderers. God I hope I don't cry when the murders happen, Billy would probably make fun of me for it now that I'm not related to the victim.

"Ok BB, remember, turn the voice changer on before you call. Then wait for the signal before telling her to turn on the lights, then-"
"I know Stuey then wait for Billy before asking what door 'I'm' at. You told me this a hundred times." I mutter the last part, but I know he heard me. He gives me a kiss before pulling down his mask and disappearing into the night.

I turn on the voice changer and wait. One ring, two, three before:
"Hello who is this?"
Deep breath, you got this Benjamin
"Hello, is John there?"