I let out a sigh and lock the car, walking away from the car parking. While walking toward the street I remove my phone from my pocket to see if I got any reply from them to my text ‘I’m coming back today.’

But my screen was empty.

I roll my eyes and put the phone back into my pocket. So, without wasting any more time, I carefully crossed the street and walked into the building.

As I walk through the corridor and wait for the lift to come down, I again take out my phone. I see her name on my display as soon as I open the recent. With one click on her name, I wait with my phone to my ears to see if she picks it up or not.

But the call went straight to voicemail.

My brows furrow as I step into the lift, eventually pressing the floor button, and give her a ring again. But she doesn't pick up so, I called both Josh and Blondie simultaneously. The worry builds up in me when no one picks up my call.

When the lift stops at the floor, I quickly step out and storm towards the flat. I put my phone in my pocket when I turned around the hallway and got closer to the door. I wasn't sure if she was home or not so, I take out the key from my jeans and open the door.

“Luna...” I call out her name as I kick my shoes near the stand. “Are you home?”

My lips pursed in confusion when I was met with silence. After removing the bag from my shoulder, I walk further inside the living area.

My shoulders relaxed a little when my eyes catch the attention of the messy blanket on the couch along with misplacing of the cushions. The curtains of the balcony window weren't closed unlike they are every day.

“Luna?” I drop my bag on the couch and step toward her bedroom. “Are you alright? Are you in here?”

I twist the handle of her room and it opens, revealing her empty room. I slowly blink when the whiff of her perfume hit my nose as soon as I step in. It was unusual to see Luna's room this messy with an unmade bed, and books scattered on the table.

My brows twitch when my eyes land on a big book with a dark grey background and a black vine-type design all over the cover. From the doorway, it didn't look like it would be her notebook.

Curiosity got the best of me and I stepped toward her table after walking around the bed. I feel my lips twitch upwards when I see a slightly glowing moon crescent sticker in the middle of the front cover. With a quick look back at the wall in front of her bed, I realised that it was that same sticker which glows in the dark.

A small smile still dangling on my lips, I pick up that book. Well, I think it's the scrapbook she talks about sometimes. I never visibly saw this on her table but I remember catching a glimpse of her doing something in it before going to work.

My fingers brush the corner of the hard front cover of the scrapbook before I open it.

Oh, hello there!
Welcome to (hopefully) the best year of my life. I hope at least this year will bring something worth fighting for.
enjoy :)
Luna Rose.

I read the text written on the first page, and that middle line caught me off guard. I don't know what she meant by that but it sure did not sound very satisfying.

I hope at least this year will bring something worth fighting for.

That line keeps repeating in my head as I turn through a few empty pages of the book and finally my eyes stop at the 3rd page where first I see a photo of the beautiful sunrise sky which I believe was taken from the park behind our building. A smile forms on my face when I see a doodle around that photo with a ‘Good day’ written under it.