Chapter Eight: Lullaby

(Author's note: I do not own this song it belongs to Sandra Boynton and Michael Ford as well!)

Werewolf had said that to himself and he looked at Vampire with a little disappointed expression before he cleared his throat and began to sing to the scared and stressed out Doughling.

"Little one, Little one
Night time is nearing~
Little one, Little one
It's time for sleep~"

As he sang that Cranberry Wine slowly calmed down and very slowly unlocked the door and layed down to listen to the rest of the son feeling a sleepy and yawned as he rubbed his eyes as well.

"Little one, Little one
Stars are appearing~
Silver and gold in the silent and deep"

This made Vampire close his eyes qnd enjoy hearing his husband's calmingand soothing voice as he felt very relaxed and chilled as Werewolf continued to sing softly to Cranberry Wine as well.

"The moan of the river, the song of the sea~
The hush of the darkening sky
The rustling forest, the whispering wind~
The sound of a soft lullaby"

That's when he heard a soft noise coming from the closet and Werewolf slowly opened the door and saw Cranberry Wine fast asleep and sucking on his thumb which meant he was calm.

"For my
Little one, Little one~
Come let me hold you
Little one, Little one~
Come here with me"

Vampire opened his eyes qnd gasped as he saw Werewolf carefully pick up Cranberry Wine and teared up as he followed him to the bedroom and put him in the bed and continued his song.

"Little one, Little one~
Haven't I told you?
You're the best little one ever could be~"

This made Vampire smile and watch as Werewolf tucked the Doughling into his bed and watched Cranberry Wine snuggle into the warm blankets and looked very relaxed and calm as well.

"The rustling forest, the whispering wind
The sound of a soft lullaby~"

This made Werewolf wag his tail qnd he smiled as he whispered softly the rest of his song to the two year old and smiled at his peaceful slumber as he slept with a calm expression on his face as well.

For my
Little one, Little one~
Come let me hold you
Little one, Little one~
Come here with me"

He leaned down and whispered softly in the child's ear the last three verses and Vampire sobbed softly as he watched him say those three special verses to their foster son who was fast asleep.

"Little one, Little one~
Haven't I told you?
You're the best little one ever could be~"

He then kissed his foster son's cheek and took Vampire's hand and kissed his tears away and lead him to their bedroom with a small frown on his face as well as he looked very upset about something.

"Vampire you really need to try step it up and to be there also be his parent" Werewolf said with a serious expression on his face and Vampire looked away and nodded his head in shame.

"I...I...I know I'm sorry for that I just froze up and felt very uncomfortable with you asking me for help" Vampire said with a sigh and he felt his husband pull him into a cuddle and he sighed.

"I understand completely but you gonna try harder and understand he needs you as much as you do~" Werewolf cooed softly as he comforted his very shy and nervous husband who calmed down.

"Ok I'll try~" Vampire said with a small smile and he yawned and Werewolf let him go and let him go get ready for bed and got ready himself and felt so calm and at peace with their new life too.

'I hope Vampire will warm up soon cause Cranberry Wine needs us both a lot right now' Werewolf said to himself in his head as he got undressed and only into his boxers and layed in bed with a sigh.

Soon Vampire joined him and cuddled with him as he also was thinking about something as well as Werewolf fell asleep with a calm expression on his face and held Vampire close to his heart.

'I hope I can be the best parent unlike my own mother was to me' He thought quietly to himself and looked very upset and tried not to cry at the thought of his mother's very poor parenting skills.

'Get a hold of yourself and stop thinking about how she treated you and began she committed suicide when you were only fourteen!' He shouted at himself and he relaxed his very shaky nerves as well.

Soon he was fast asleep and cuddling close to his husband and looked a little bit better then he was earlier that evening and his heart also calmed down as he felt very relaxed and calm now.

He had to try harder and he wouldn't let his past continue to control him and make his current life an absolute living hell and make it also very hard to take care of Cranberry Wine as well.

And little did he know it wasn't going to be very easy to do and he was going to struggle with it and so much more as Cranberry Wine would as well which will overwhelm them both.

But for now Vampire slept with his now snoring and drooling partner as their foster son slept in his bed with a soft expression on his face meaning he was having no nightmares that night.

Which was a very small step in the process of healing and he would still need more done but this was a nice small step in his healing direction and development into a better Doughling.

And one day he will hopefully start talking again and the two hoped to see him heal and become a normal little Doughling for everyone around him too without any problems whatsoever.

But that would not happen the family for a very, very time.