"Thanks, I'm name after my Aunt."

"Shit, I said that out loud didn't I" I say scratching the back of my neck.

"Yeah, you did" Malia says with a laugh.

"Well it's true" I saying smirking. "My name is Y/n." I stick out my hand, which she then shakes.

"I saw what happened out there. Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm all good. That stuff always happens to me. It would be a miracle if I went a whole summer without that happening."

She laughs then says, "Are you sure? Cause you have some blood going down the side of your right arm. "

I look at my arm and see red mixing with the salt water. "Huh, I guess I am bleeding. I didn't even know I hit something under water. Thanks for telling me. Guess I should go clean this."

"Hey let me clean it for you. It is my job anyway."

"You make a valid point, Malia. Lead the way."

Her smile widens as I accept her offer. I grab my board and take her hand that she left out for me to grab. She leads us towards the life guard post. I stick my board in the sand and walk up the ramp that leads to the post. She opens the door and leads me inside. As I walk in, I see a long time buddy.

"Scott!!!"

"Y/n!!!!"

Malia looks at us with a confusing look on her face as Scott embraces me with a loving bear hug.

"We're long time friends. I met this chick when she was just 13 years old," Scott tells her messing up my hair. Malia then goes to get the first aid kit. Scott is only 5 years older than me. He's the same age as the twins.

"How did you guys meet?" Malia asks.

"Well, her curious 13 year old self, just walked into this here post. She said she wanted to see what the inside looked like." Scott tells her. We both look at each other with a friendly smile, remembering that day. "I've been friends with her and the rest of her family ever since then." Malia gives a friendly smile and nods in response.

"So bug, what happened this time?"

"You still call me bug? hahah such an old nickname."

"You'll always be my bug." he says pinching my cheeks. I hit his arms away and scrunch my nose. He laughs at my actions. "So why are you bleeding and why is newbie here helping you out."

"Oh you know the usual."

"A wave crashed onto you, while you were mindlessly laying on your board again?"

"Yup" I say making a 'pop' sound for the 'p'. "And 'newbie' here came to check on me and offered to help clean my arm up." I say look at Malia.

Malia then pats a spot for me to sit. I walk over, hop on the desk, and patiently sit as she cleans my cut.

"Hey! You and Brian are seniors now! Only one more year of hell until you go to college! You guys have an idea of what college you want to go to and what major you want to study?"

"You're a senior?" Malia says looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm only 18." Maria looks at me with an expression I couldn't read. I then look at Scott with a confusing look. He mouths, she's gay and might like you. My eyes widen in realization. "If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" I ask Malia.

"I'm...."

"Not you Scott! I know how old you are, damn" I say laughing "I was asking Malia here."