Chapter 26

It has been too long since I flew through the sky like this. I have missed the feeling of the wind in my air and the thrill of racing Bozzair. Not to mention the view of the school is breathtaking. The way it floats above the sea with the sunlight hitting the island just right is a picture-perfect view. It is undoubtedly better than the cover of the game, which was a picture of Marshall protecting Ellis from me.

Bozzair and I circle the school, occasional daring each other to see who can fly lowest of the ground. It was an unfair contest, considering how much larger I am than Bozzair. That and the one round I would have run, I was forced to pull up because one of the students suddenly appeared in front of me. I didn't hit them, but now it is getting embarrassing as everyone in the school is pointing and watching me fly. I really shouldn't have worn a skirt today. I have to keep a hand holding it down to stop myself from accidentally flashing the school.

Ultimately, I land in a spot with few people around, unable to deal with the attention any longer. Bozzair is still flying around, catching treats in his mouth that people throw into the air for him. He seems to be having fun, so I leave him to it and try to slip past the crowd while he has them distracted, but....

"Sister," Noah calls out to me, approaching with Marshall and Zeno.

"You really know how to draw attention," Zeno chuckles as people turn to stare at me again. "I think people will be talking about this for a long time."

"Sister flight magic is very rare, and no human has performed it in nearly three hundred years," Noah tells me, looking worried.

"You need to be more careful," Marshall says. "People will do anything to get people with your level of power on their side. If you want to have a peaceful life, I suggest you don't do anything like that again."

"So I can't fly anymore...." I mutter.

I couldn't fly when I was grounded at home, and now I can't fly at school either. I will miss flying, but after I graduate, I can find someplace quiet with no one around to enjoy myself. I have already waited a few years to fly, so I can handle a few more.

Listening to the crowd, I can already hear people talking about me. A few students from military families are already talking about how I can bring them glory on the battlefield if they get close to me. In contrast, those from families of spell casters want to question me on how I can fly. My friends are right. If I keep flying around, people will never leave me alone.

"I understand," I nod. "I will be more careful from now on."

"You don't have to worry about keeping a low profile," Zeno says, walking up to me and putting a hand around my shoulder. "Once you marry me and come to live in the elf kingdom, those people won't be able to bother you anymore."

"How many times do I have to remind you that Angelina is my fiancee?" Marshall asks, pulling me into his arms while shooting a glare at Zeno.

I feel bad as Arial watches from the sidelines, but this is for them. As long as people think we are happy, she can be with Marshall in secret.

<0>

"Come on, if you join my families army, we can conquer the Free City Stats in less than a year,"

"No, she should join my family's knights. With her strength, even the mighty Alliance doesn't stand a chance,"

"Stop being such brutes! War is no place for a lady. She should enter my family order of mages,"

I hate this. I can't even relax in my quiet spot without people trying to recruit me. Eating in the cafeteria, I am swarmed by so many people there is barely enough room to breathe. In the training fields, students from military families wanted me to conquer lands for them. At the same time, those from sorcery lines made me countless offers in the library. Nowhere was safe for me.