Chapter 5

As his carriage approaches, I cannot help but brace myself for the worse. This seems too much, but at the same time, it seems like it is not enough. Maids line up to our left and butler to our right while my family members stand in the group's centre. We are all wearing our best clothing and personally inspected by my parents. It still feels like it is not good enough to greet my grandfather. As expected of grandfather, he does not hold back when he finally arrives.

Twenty knights in shiny golden armour ride in front of my grandfather's carriage, and twenty more ride behind. Even his carriage us over the top, being pure white with golden lines and expensive-looking jewels built into the design. The man himself looks just as wealthy as his carriage when he steps out wearing a suit and holding a walking cane topped with a diamond. It is so over the top that it suits him to the T.

"Welcome to my home, father," My dad bows his head, and I follow my mother's lead in curtsying, but my eyes are focused on the boy climbing from the carriage.

Noah Lamonia is the game's second love interest and the only one I am not worried about. He is the same age as me with short brown hair and matching brown eyes. He keeps his head low, looking the opposite of my grandfather how holds his head up high, looking down smugly on us. If everything happens as it did in the game, then we should have a good relationship growing up. But for some reason, when our eyes meet, he is glaring at me.

"Your daughter is going to be a beauty just like her mother," I keep my head low as I feel his eyes looking me over. "You did well to secure her engagement to the prince."

"Thank you, father," My dad weakly smiles. "I'm sure you must be tired from the journey, so please let my servants take your belongings to your room and follow me to the lounge where we have prepared refreshments for you."

"I hope your servants won't make the same mistake as last time," Grandfather warns as he walks past us.

"I made sure they won't, father,"

Despite this being our home, we still must follow Grandpa, who acts as if he owns this place. And, in case you are wondering about the mistake grandpa mentioned was putting sugar and milk in his tea. For some reason, he likes it black.

"After we eat, I want to see how your daughter is progressing with her magical training," I lower my head. I have been holding back during my training and making sure to appear weak to avoid grandpa's attention, but it seemed that backfired too. "I struggle to believe a member of our proud family is incapable of using magic, so I will be training her personally during my stay."

<0>

"Come on, you can at least create a ball of fire!" I winch as grandpa's foot hits my ribs. "Even the lowest born present can use magic that basic!"

I stand up when he backs away, doing my best to ignore the burning sensation in my side. This has been going on for an hour now. Grandpa demands I great a ball of fire, but I mess up only creating a few embers that quickly go out. In reality, I can do it, but I refuse to. If I do, then grandpa will have me burn down people's homes whenever they cannot pay back their debts. I refuse to do something so evil, so no matter what he does to me, I will never cast a proper spell.

"Father, I'm she will get it," I look to the side where my parents and new brother are watching, but they are just as powerless against grandpa as I am. "Let her rest for a few minutes. I am sure she will be able to do as you wish."

"This is the problem," Grandpa glares at him. "You have been too soft on her. She is going to stay out here all night if she has to in order to get this right." He turns back to me. "Again!"