Chapter 16

Day two went by surprisingly well. Bozzair didn't follow me, but I did find him eating a bird when I returned to my tree for lunch. It wasn't a pretty sight, but I have seen worse. As for the class, it was easy. I was expecting math class to be like t was in my old life, but this morning's lesson was easy. All we had to do was add and subtract low numbers. It wasn't hard, but some people still struggled with it. This shows how much more advanced my old world is in math and science compared to this world. I have no trouble believing my science lesson tomorrow will be just as easy.

"Danger,"

Bozzair is the first one to notice five girls surrounding us. He flies up to a tree branch, leaving me alone. Some guard he is. Daniella Allencourt is in the group's centre with her arms folded and a scroll on her face. Charlotte stands to her right, staring up at Bozzair, trying to lure him down with food. Rosalie looks like she isn't bothered about what is happening, but she still keeps a close eye on Bozzair and me. As for the other two, I don't know their names or recognise their faces. They must be in Daniella's class.

None of them seems happy as I look up at them. They are all frowning, apart from Charlotte, who is smiling at Bozzair as he eats out of her hand. I make a mental note to warn Bozzair about why it is wrong to accept food from people even he called dangerous. Just know he will tell me they are only dangerous to me, though. Daniella takes a step forward after taking a moment to scold Charlotte for forgetting about the real purpose they are here for. I have no idea what I had done to them. If this is about yesterday, then I have no idea why the other two girls are with the trio.

"You need to pick better friends," Daniella warns me. "It's no wonder you eat alone with the people you choose to get close to."

I just ignore her. Noah is studying and improving himself, Marshall is spending time with Arial, and Zeno is... well. Zeno is doing something other than flirting with me. I have no complaints about any of the reasons my friends have chosen to leave me alone at lunch, nor do I mind eating by myself. I have Bozzair with me, and there is nothing wrong with enjoying some peace and quiet by myself.

"Do you even care that you are not making any connections with other noble houses?" Daniella asks when I don't reply to her previous complaint.

Oh, I suppose I was meant to make connections as a noble, and I think my parents asked me to. Still, that seems like a hassle I would like to avoid. It's not like I need those connections anyway, considering I will become the kingdom's queen once I graduate.

"Are you even listening?" Daniella shakes her head at my silence. "Do you even realise you have been missing out on gaining allies by hiding here during the break?"

I don't really care about stuff like that. If anything, it is probably everyone else that has one. I am the daughter of one of the great noble houses, the future queen and someone who has achieved an S rank at the guild. I bet there are plenty of nobles who asked their children to get closer to me in hopes of increasing their family's power.

"Don't you have anything to say for yourself?" Daniella asks, stomping her foot on the ground, causing some flames to appear, but I quickly put them out with an air spell.

I doubt she even noticed the fire. In the game, Daniella would frequently lose control of her power when she was mad. There are plenty of CGs of her burning curtains or bushes when bullying the heroine. It should be fine here. With my control over air and earth magic, I can quickly snuff out any flame before it turns into a fire.

"Hey, are you ignoring me?" Daniella growls. "Here I am trying to give you some advice and being friendly, and you aren't even listening."

"I am," I tell her. "I just don't see the point in answering stupid questions. If I had a problem with anything you pointed out, I would have been socialising already."