Chapter 10

Zeno is surprisingly not a morning person. The heroine only saw him in the afternoon during the game, so I had no idea I would have to dump a cup of water on his head to get him to wake up. The resulting screams gathered a lot of complaints, so I ended up having to apologise to the other guests at the inn while Zeno dried himself and got dressed. Unfortunately, I had to repeat the process after I found Zeno sleeping again when I went to see what was taking him so long. I thought all the love interests in otome games were meant to be perfect. But here I am, having to deal with the sleepy prince who looks at me like I destroyed something precious to him.

For someone desperate to save his kingdom, he sure as hell does not seem to be motivated right now. I even must mention his kingdoms peril as he complains about the inn's breakfast to get him to hurry up. By the time he is finally done eating, an hour has passed, but at least he is ready to go after eating three plates full of food. Still, he is too tired to flirt with me on the upside.

"Right hold my hand, and I will take us to the Cheery Castle," Zeno says, extending his hand to me.

The Cheery Castle is the home to the elf king and the centre of government for the elven kingdom. I must admit I am excited to visit the place. They only show one picture of it at the good ending of Zeno's route. It is a beautiful cheery blossom tree that extends higher than any mountain and has been blessed by the gods, giving its bark impressive strength. In the game, not even the dragons could scratch the tree. It would be good if the elves could just hide in the tree until the dragon leaves, but that would only lead to the destruction of the rest of their kingdom. Surrounding nations may also take advantage of the elves absence.

"You do not have to be so distant," I gasp as, without warning, I am pulled close to Zeno. Chest to chest. We are too close. I hate the way he smirks confidently as his arms wrap around me. "It is easier when we are close like this."

"Just get it over with," I snap back as I stop his hands from crawling lower down my back.

"Is my company so bad?" He asks, and I stomp on his foot when he tries to touch my butt again.

"Hurry up and teleport us already," I growl, but he still seems amused with me.

"I like a woman that plays hard to get," Zeno winks right before he takes us to the Cherry Castle.

<0>

It is just as beautiful as I hopped. Zeno has teleported us right to the base of the tree, where colourful leaves rain down around us and herds of unicorns graze nearby. It was a breath-taking sight, but that idiot Zeno had to ruin the moment by cupping my butt. I would have punched him if it were not for the guards rushing towards us. He got off too lightly. Even if the shove I gave him knocked Zeno to the ground.

"Your highness, are you okay?"

"How dare you push his highness to the ground!"

"Should I cut off her head, sire?"

"Relax, she is here to help us," Zeno says, calming his men down. "She is the one that defeated the wyverns and is going to help us drive off the dragon."

"This kid defeated them?"

Is it really that hard to believe? I look at the guards, who stare at me wide-eyed. Zeno is the only one that finds the whole situation amusing. As for me, I could do without the growing numbers of elves staring and talking about me. Some think I am too young and experienced, others that I am too weak, and most think I am stupid for not wearing any armour or carrying a sword. I wish they would stop already. This is a lot worse than the reaction I got back at the guild for defeating those wyverns.