Do you know who he is?

She whispered, "Davide," loudly

She whispered, "Davide," loudly. She stared up at him, striding down the steps like a king, and her heart began to pound in her chest like crazy.

Author's Pov:-

Davide was carrying a royal stick-a polished wooden stick with a commanding metal head that represents authority or loyalty to the Mafia as a Capo-as he descended the stairs. He had on a pair of full-fingered, black leather gloves that covered his hands and wrists and felt flexible or soft thanks to the foam coating around her fingers. He was going down with Carlo at his side, and three men were going down behind them, framing 'the most powerful people' with soulless clunks or enormous guns.

Gerardo was forced to gaze at Davina because of her constant attention on him; a perplexed furrow appeared on his brow. He was aware that she might not be familiar with him because he had always protected her from these mafia-related activities. He chose to tease her, and a smirk remained on his lips.

Davina, who was still staring at him, was elbowed from the side by the man. He made fun of her by asking, "Do you know him?" Mattia, who was nearby, also looked at him.

"Godness," Mattia exclaimed, shocking both of them, as their heads shot towards her in rapid succession with their mouths hanging open and their wide eyes gazing at her in bewilderment. Davina replied in a low voice while still gazing at him, "We kissed!" "W-w-what?" While Mattia stood frozen in place and stared at her, Gerardo shook and gasped in despair.

"We kissed." Their stomachs dropped as her repetition caused them to. A hiss from her mouth as a sharp pain ran down her leg, shaking her entire body in agony, as Gerardo twisted her around by her shoulder to face him. He attempted to speak but quickly shut his mouth. "Who kissed first?" he repeatedly asked, completely unsure of how to respond. This time, Mattia was startled by what abruptly came out of his mouth and expressed shock.

She said hastily, "I kissed him first," feeling the warmth of the colour invade her cheeks as Gerardo and Mattia's shocked, perplexed eyes became amused as they glanced at the unfortunate girl between them, who was wandering about and doing her best to avoid their amused gaze.

When Mattia's gaze met Gerardo's amused eyes, they abruptly turned sombre, leaving her speechless at the quick shift in his expression. Perhaps she anticipated his thoughts or the question he was going to ask, and this is also what she fears. "Do you know who is he? Do you recognise him?" Davina jumped at Gerardo's abrupt dark voice, and he scowled at her with his heavy brows drawn together into a snarl.

Her scared eyes sprang up at him, but they immediately changed to wrath as frustration shot through her veins-possibly perhaps as a result of pain. This time, she attacked Gerardo without hesitation, forgetting that Mattia was still behind her and listening to the entire exchange between Gerardo and his daughter.

"No, I don't know; how would I know, and you want to know why? I don't know him. Dad, you held me like a prisoner in our own home since you were the one who constantly kept me confined in the mansion and forbade me from leaving; I was unable to meet or speak to anyone; I was unable to do anything." She tightly clenched her eyes to contain her emotions as she pushed away any resentment or annoyance to keep herself calm. She briefly closed her eyes before opening them to gaze at him. When she met his eyes, which were now entirely filled with remorse or pity, looking at her, she felt a lump in her throat.

She became enraged, and it was obvious on her face. Consider: How could he feel sorry for her when he was the one who had hurt her. But she held herself and took a long breath. Davina didn't want to make things worse because she didn't want to hurt the person. She decided to put an end to the situation at this point since she believed that Gerardo would not be harmed by hearing her pointed words.

She raised her head and stared at Gerardo before hanging her head lower as she drew a deep breath of oxygen. I'm sorry, dad, dad, I'm sorry," she said, "hey, come here." He summoned her in a low voice, forcing her to look at him as he extended his arms to receive her. He sighs and pulls her very close. He enfolds her in a protective embrace and cradles her head in his chest. He gave her a tender head kiss and added, "I'm the one who should apologise." His heart was in his mouth, believing she wasn't wrong-she was right.

Her heart is filled with warmth. She let go of him and stared at him with a smile forming on her lips. Mattia made a throat clearing motion to get their attention. She was looking at them, crossing her hands over her chest, and had a heart-beat smile on her face as they awkwardly parted ways and turned to face her.

Davina felt a sharp pain in her leg as she took a step to move slightly to the side to keep some space between them. She then let out a loud, throaty, agonising moan that caught both of their attention.

"What happened" Gerardo asked in concern "Nothing happened, dad, my leg was hurt-why is it aching so much?" she shook her head at him as Gerardo worriedly checked her from top to bottom. She backed away from him and bobbed her head as she shook her hand in front of him and said, "No no dad I am okay I am perfectly fine you don't have to worry," as she fisted her hand and said, "Just give me your hand," before he could bend down to take a closer look. He gave her a puzzled look before hesitating to ask, "What? Why?" She placed her right hand on his left wrist and tightly wrapped his left hand around her fingers in response to his question while he held up his left hand to her in an effort to support herself.

"Is it hurting a lot?" He repeated the question while keeping his gaze fixed on her bandaged leg as she groaned in agony, "a bit."

"Now?"

"What?" She asked with a raised brow.

"Does it still hurt?" He yelled in part.

"A bit!"

"Now?" after two seconds.

"Dad"

"If you're not feeling well, Snowball, let's visit the doctor."

"DAD"

He chided, "Fine," and held up both his palms as a sign of submission. Before turning to face the person in front of him, he muttered, "You are so mean," while pouting his lips, which caused Davina to laugh at his actions.

When she caught his stare, Davina froze in place, her tummy fluttered, and her heartbeat quickened as she raised her head and turned to face him.

_____________________________________🤍

I appreciate you reading so much.

Respectfully Vote★, comment, and share.

See you soon with next update.