How have you been doing?

Author's Pov:-

Author's Pov:-

He nearly uttered "Mattia" in a shout of amazement.

She looked at him in shock and bewilderment, wondering why he was back in front of her after all those years. "Davide," she muttered.

Her best friend, her only confidant, the person she used to share all of her secrets with, the only person she could count on to never leave her side, Gerardo abandoned her during her difficult times. He did so in the same way that her parents had done; they had never valued her. He left her; he took her away from them; he left her; Gerardo left her.

Mattia's eyes began to fill with rage-filled tears. She turned to face him, convinced that after all these years, her dearest friend was finally in front of her, staring at her with his guilty, "deserving-punishment" eyes.

"Come sei stato? matt, how are things going?" Mattia was still staring at him horrified with her wide, wet eyes as if she had just seen the ghost when Gerardo enquired with a horrified expression on his face. When she did not respond, he let out a quick nervous chuckle and moved closer to her. However, she halted him in his tracks by flashing her palm in front of him, which caused him to stop, and a snide scoff came out of her mouth. [Translation: - how have you been doing matt]

How dare he ask her how she or she has been, she thinks, suddenly appearing in front of her after all these years!

Because she is aware that they always treat each other with respect and kindness, Mattia should take a deep breath, get some fresh air, and refrain from saying hurtful things that she will later regret. She also should avoid making conversation difficult because she is aware that she still cares for him somewhat.

Davina was observing them strangely as she stood there.

When Mattia was about to lash out at him, someone yelled, "Gerardo," from behind him, causing them to turn to see who was calling them. It was Dario.

Gerardo sighed as Dario walked up to them holding a pricey wine glass in his hand. Gabriela was standing next to him, and Andrea was standing behind her. The words choked in Mattia's throat as she turned to face her husband. Her heart was now filled with regret and disappointment towards her husband as soon as she noticed that Andrea was accompanying him while holding hands with him.

After seeing his wife so near to his supposed friend, Gerardo tightened his jaw, but he made the decision to ignore him and turned his attention back to Mattia. He could see the haunted expression in Mattia's eyes, and his eyes were suddenly aching with compassion for his best friend. He suddenly became angry with Dario. He stared up at Dario once more as he fisted his hands firmly to contain his rage. He sighed heavily and sadly as he gazed down shortly after giving up.

Dario turned his head to stare at Davina after turning to look at Mattia, Gerardo, and then her. His eyes were so dark that they appeared to be two flaming coals in a calm face. He gave her a bewildered look.

Davina's gaze turned to Andrea, who rolled her eyes at her and ignored her as she continued to stare back at him with her unblinking curiosity, wondering who it would be now. Gerardo cocked an eyebrow in her direction when she glanced back at him, causing Davina to turn to face her father. She then raised both of her eyebrows and asked Gerardo, "Who is he now?" as she caught his sight. Dario said firmly while placing both of his hands in the pockets of his trousers and casting a scorching glance to the other side.

"It's really good to meet you, Mr Diamond," Davina murmured, bowing her head in polite greeting as she glanced up at him with her wide, knowing eyes after hearing his name. She then grinned after noticing Mattia's smile in his eyes and quickly sealed her lips into a thin line. Dario's eyes almost softened, but as soon as he cleared his throat, he gave her one quick nod before turning to face the other direction and taking a sip of his wine.

The air between them suddenly became thick or tense, but Dario abruptly stopped a waiter who was about to pass by them and was serving the glasses of wine with his right hand, motioning for him to stop with his fingers. He was wearing too many expensive, classically fashionable yellow gold rings on that hand.

Before putting out his hand to serve them, the waiter lowered his head towards them. Surprisingly, Dario picked up a glass of wine with his right hand and kept the previous glass in his left. The three people gathered around him were startled when he himself carried the glass of wine before her eyes and offered it to Davina, while Andrea gave Davina a sour-faced expression.

"Non hai intenzione di presentarti a me?" [Translation:- You didn't intend to introduce yourself to me, did you?] Suddenly and unexpectedly, while still turning away, he blurted out in his deep, throaty voice, surprising Davina, who's head swung in his direction and uttered a low "hn?" Intensely glaring at Dario, Gerardo narrowed his eyes as he expressed his displeasure with the manner the man had treated her daughter.

She sputtered, "Yeah," graciously accepting the glass. She took a deep breath, looked up at Dario with confidence, and parted her lips to say, "Hello, I'm Gerardo's daughter-," but she stopped herself mid-sentence as she sensed that the crowd around her had suddenly grown quiet and serious, the air had grown heavier than before, and the sounds of people singing or dancing in joy had abruptly changed into whispers.

''Who is he?'' "He's David!!" "What the, really?" "The Soon-to-be Capo" "What?"  "Yes" "Fuck, he is so handsome" "Look, he is looking at me" "No, he is not looking at me"!

She frowned as she studied the people surrounding her; they were all staring at something or someone behind her, so she made the decision to turn around and observe them.

She glanced up at him as he descended the stairs like a king, "Davide" and a loud gasp came out of her mouth. At that moment, her heart began to pound wildly in her chest.

 At that moment, her heart began to pound wildly in her chest

________________________________

For reading, I sincerely thank you.

Do not hesitate to Vote☆, comment, or share.

Until the next update, see you soon.