chapter 43

Petra's pov:

       We got to his house after driving for about an hour or so. I was expecting it to be big. But it wasn't.

   "Are you sure this is his house?"

   "Yes. This is it." Maurice said. This idiot has been crying since we got in the car. It's taking every thing in me not to kill him right now.

      "Stay with them I will go bring the bastard out." I said to red.

     I walked into the house. Because the gate was open. I don't know why.

    Oh..... A car is leaving, that's why the gate is opened.

     The car stopped in front of me. And of course he was the one in the car.i know his face because faith showed me photos of him.

      "White girl are you lost?" Even his innocent question sounds so corrupt.

   "No actually. I'm here for you Charles."

   "Me? Do I know you?"

   "You will get to know me very soon.... Now get down from this trash you call a car and follow me."

   "Look young lady..... I don't know where you're from but, here in Nigeria we don't come into people's houses and give orders. Do you know who I am? I could get you arrested this minute. Now leave this premises!" He barked.

  "Was that supposed to make me scared? Now get down from the car." I growled showing him my gun. He gulped and nodded.

   "Please don't shoot, I'll follow you." He said putting his hand on his head as he got off the car.

   "Move" I said motioning to the car parked right in front of the house. He moved shakily. Occasionally looking back at me.

    This is going to be so much funnnn.

     He got in the back seat of the car. And screamed when he saw Maurice's bleeding leg.

   "Now y'all shut the fuck up. And don't make me shoot your bitch ass again Maurice." Red warned.

   "Please. I didn't do anything wrong please I'm innocent." Charles begged.

  "Innocent?! You convicted an innocent woman, because of greed. Now I'm here for revenge. You don't fuck with what's mine and go free Charles." I said chuckling darkly.

   "Please, please I have a wife. I have kids, please don't hurt me. I will do anything you want just don't hurt me." Charles begged.

   "Did you think of your wife and kids before you messed with mine?"

   "I didn't know she was yours. I wouldn't have collected the money. I would have dismissed the case. Please ma'am. I will call for them to release her right this minute." This grown man was full on crying right now.

   Hahaaaa....too bad my mind has already been made.

   "Yes of course Charles, You will be calling the police right now for them to release her."

   " Okay, okay. I will" he rushed out.

  "My son needs medical attention." Maurice's mom who has been quiet spoke up.

   "No he doesn't. He looks perfectly fine to me." Red said ignoring the woman further plea's

    He's gonna die anyways. So what's the need for medical attention?

     I drove to the location red had set up. It was an abadonned warehouse. It was very secluded. From people. So we could do everything we want without having to be bothered about someone calling the police.

    I tied the crying Maurice up making sure the rope press's against his wounded knee. Im not even gonna tie his mouth. He should scream and wear out his vocal cords for all I care.

     Red handed me a phone which we would be using to contact the police. I put in the dpo's number on the phone and dialed it.

    I handed the phone over to Charles. The dpo answered after the third ring.

    "Release Vanessa Daminabo. She's free to go. All the evidence against her has been re-examined and it was all fake, she's innocent." Charles said trying not sound like he's under pressure.

   "What?! She cannot leave just like that. You judged her case and found her guilty. So why the change of heart now? She isn't leaving." The sheriff said sounding angry.

   Charles looks like he was about to piss himself. He was sweating profusely. He knows he's in trouble.

   "I am the judge and I demand her to be released this instant. Don't question my orders James. You wouldn't like what I will do to you." Charles warned.

  "What is this about? Did the Daminabo not fulfill their promises to you? Is that why you've decided to release the girl? I'm calling Maurice right now." The dpo said ending the call.

   They all answer to this pussy?

     "Call him back and give Maurice the damn phone!!" I yelled frustrated.

   The dpo picked the call after the fifth ring this time. He just earned a spot on my kill list.

  "What?!!" He yelled

  "Release Vanessa this instant!" Maurice said summoning all the strength he had,to speak.

    "No Maurice,im not done with her yet. You remembered you said I can do anything I want with her? Well I'm not done yet. When I'm done I will be letting her go." He said ending the call again.

   My eyes bulged out.

  "What did you tell him to do to her?!" I yelled punching his stomach repeatedly. The  screams of the three hostages filled the warehouse.

   Maurice mother was crying for me to stop. But I didn't listen. I only stopped when I was satisfied with his present state.

  "Speak up! What did u tell him to do to her?"

  "I told him to do anything he wanted with her. I don't know what exactly he is doing to her." He cried uncontrollably.

    "Follow me" red told me.

  I followed her to the far end of the warehouse.

   "I can go get her from the station." Red said giving me a concerned look. I'm very close to loosing it

   "I'll come with you."

  "No stay here and watch them."

   "No I can't let you go there alone. And I want to be there for her."

  "You really do love her, huh?"

  "Yes Red, I really do."

   "Don't worry. I will make sure we get her out of there." She said. I could only nod.

  "I will call Mide my friend to come watch them." Red added.

  "That would be nice. Thank you."

   "Don't mention."