chapter 36

Vannesa's pov:

       My court day was scheduled for tommorow. I'm so scared.

   My lawyer was supposed to be one of the best. He's a family friend hired by my mom. The only people that had visited me since I was here was only Nadia and my aunt well to be fair my mom did come here twice but I asked them to send her away.

   I didn't want to listen to anything she had to say.

        .....COURT DAY.....

     Officer pervert was the one who came to take me from my room. She took me to the changing room and handed me a black simple dress. It looked like a dress for a funeral.

   I started stripping not bothering to ask her to turn around because I wasn't in the mood to here any of her rude comments.

      Surprisingly she turned around when I pulled my pants down.

   "Why are you acting like you weren't staring at me hungrily and touching me indecently when I first came here?" I asked still surprised that she turned around without me asking.

   "Is it that you like me staring at you body or what? You should just ask me to watch you if that's the case." She said smartly. Her back still facing me.

    "Fuck no!" I said putting on the funeral dress. Well at least they did get the outfit right. Because if this shit goes sideways. It might as we be my funeral.

      "Turn around" I said to the woman who still had her back to me.

  "So eager for me to look at you aint ya?"   I flipped her off and started walking towards the door.

  "Come here dummy, you need to be handcuffed." She said behind me.

   Then the thought of taking her out and escaping crossed my  mind. The thoughts soon went away when I remembered she's a trained police office with a gun which she isn't afraid to use on me. I bet she'd be happy to shoot me.

    I stretched my hands for her to cuff me.

   She cuffed me and smiled.

"Why the fuck are you smiling?"

   "You look pretty with your hands cuffed" she said smirking.

   How the fuck I'm I getting convicted for being a lesbian when one of their officers is so fucking gay. She's not even tryna hide it.

   "You. Are. Gay"

   "Say's the one who's 3hours away from getting sentenced to 10 years in jail. For being gay" She said laughing.

  "I'm innocent" I countered.

  "Yeah, yeah and pigs can fly." She left me out the room towards the front desk where two officers where waiting to take me to the  court.

        ......Court session......

    "May the prosecuting lawyer please take a stand" the judge said making the prosecutor stand up fixing his tie.

   He was a bald middle aged man.with a permanent scowl on his face.

     "Ms. Vanessa is it true that you knew the laws of the country concerning lgbt and still went ahead to pursue a relationship with a female?" The prosecutor asked.

   "It's Mrs. Vanessa, until she's divorced before you can address her as miss. " My lawyer said before I could answer the question.

   "Very good!" The prosecutor said clapping excitedly.