chapter 21

Vanessa' pov:
         "Well, you've been the one too busy to pick up my calls" I said to my sister on the phone.

     I still have a good relationship with my younger sister, she's the only one I can talk to. She truly understands me, I'm more closer to her than my older siblings. Those ones are just stuck-up asshole who think they have a say in my life just because they're older.

     "I'm sorry vanessa, it's just that school has been kicking my ass lately. Who knew becoming a pharmacist would be soooo stressful." She said sighing

     "Awwww. Im sorry baby. How come nobody told me you got into college?"

     "I got in last month. I tried calling you but you weren't answering the phone. I was so worried Vanessa. What happened?"

    Oh right last month was when I was in the hospital. I can't tell her that. I don't want to worry. She will piece everything together because, she has always known something was up, but she doesn't say anything about it.

    "Uhmm..... I was sick" I lied. I hate that I have to lie to her.

    "Sick?...." She asked suspiciously

    ".....why didn't Maurice answer my calls or even call us to tell us you were sick?" Damn you can't get anything past this girl.

  "Uhmmm...My phone wasn't with him?"  I asked more than actually saying it. Ughhhh now she wouldn't believe shit.

    "I call bullshit Vanessa!  Why were you in the hospital and nobody saw it fit to tell us. Why didn't Maurice saw it fit to actually call his wife's family?" She asked raising her voice a bit

    "Fuck Maurice, I'm not his fucking wife he can go die for all I care!" I blurted out angry at the mention of his stupid name. Gosh!!! This stupid mouth of mine. Now she's gonna know something is up for sure.

    "Hey mama" I look up to see Petra in front of my bed. I didn't hear her come in.

    "Hey baby" I said totally ignoring what my sister is saying on the phone. She slowly crawled and layed on me, placing her face in the crook of my neck. Leaving a trail of soft kisses on my neck. Making me giggle

   "I miss you mama. What have you been doing all day?" She asked propping herself up with an elbow to look at me.

    "I'm on a call right now"
    "Really?" I nodded and showed her.

     "Oh, I should leave and let you go back to what you were doing."

    "Come here..." I said holding lightly pulling on her shirt making her fall back on me.

   "....Where are you going? I missed you. Stay, its just my sister . Just don't pull any stunts." I said,making her smirk mischievously.

    "I'm warning Petra." I said giving her a look.

    "Yeah,yeah I'll be quiet........or not" she stole a kiss and went down to my chest trying to suck on my exposed skin.

   "Petraaa!"
   "Okay fine! I'll just be quiet." She layed back placing her nose in the crook of my neck.

    "You smell so delicious mama." I could only hum, her voice sent shivers down my spine and I could trust my voice right now.

    "Look Carina let's talk about- "

   "Who's Petra?" She said cutting me off.

    "My girlfriend." My mouth spoke on it's on again. Why is my mouth betraying meeee. At the same time I was relieved that I said that, because I couldn't bear the look on petra's face if I say something else.

   I waited for an homophobic comment from my sister but the line was still silent. Petra is now straddling me with her legs on both side of my thighs. She has this interested look on my face. Mine was full of worry.

     "Carina?" I spoke softly

     "Wait, like a girlfriend, girlfriend? Dating and shit?"

    "Yeah" I said cautiously

    "Wait.....if you have a girlfriend and you're currently with her. What happened to Maurice.  Thinking about it. Mommy called me to asked about you,she said maurice mom told her she has not been able to speak with Maurice for 2months now. What's really up Vanessa?" She asked seriously. Ughhhh fuck it.i should just tell her. She would be the only one in my family to understand anyway.

      "You were right all along, Maurice hits me. He almost killed me last month. I was hospitalized for three weeks. If Petra it wasn't for Petra , I would be dead now. That bastard Maurice is on the run. Apparently he vanished from the face of the Earth. And also whatever comment you have on me dating a woman you can keep it. Don't make me hate you."

    "Vanessa oh my god! How were we this blind? How was I this blind? You didn't seem happy any time I called and it always seemed like you were in pain. I thought u were fine I didn't think- I'm so sorry Nessa. I knew something was up but I didn't want to believe that he would actually do that after he apologized. And Vanessa, I don't have anything against you dating a woman. As long as you're happy and safe I'm fine with it."

    "It's alright. I'm fine now. Petra has been amazing I really do love her..." I said without realizing that  Petra was in the room.

    My eyes met her's. She was staring at me with wide eyes, She started getting up and backing away slowly.

   The doors burst open to reveal a stunning Raven haired beauty. She kinda look like Petra.

    "Thank God! you guys weren't fucking" she said not sensing the tension in the air.

   I quickly ended the call telling Carina I will call her later.

     Petra was now standing beside the girl looking everywhere but me. Ughhhh fuckkk!! Today is really not my day.

   "Okayyy, I bet a few drinks and drunk sex would solve whatever is going on right now. So ladies, get dressed were going to the clubbb!" She said cheerfully.

     I can't go clubbing with Petra after blabbing that sort of thing. What if she didn't love like I do? What if I am the stupid one that if just falling stupidly for her? What if she's just with me cos she's used to me? Afterall I was the one that asked her out. What if she agreed because she felt sorry for me and didn't want me to be heartbroken.

    I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I look up and it was Petra's sister ( I'm pretty sure she's Petra's sister). I still don't know her name. "Hey stop thinking. Start dressing, you're going to the club whether or not you like it. I'm not taking no for an answer. Now up you go" she said helping me up.

   "Hey don't force her, if she doesn't want to go,leave her alone. You can't force people to do something just cos you want to do it." Petra said, I glared at her and spoke up.

    "Actually. I want to go.....I need a few drinks to get my mind off how stupid I am anyways" I said mumbling the last part to myself.

    "Yayyyyy. I knew I would love you."

    "Yeah, Im a very LOVABLE person" I said glaring at petra.

    "We would leave you to get ready." She said dragging Petra along with her as they left the room.