s. 3 ep. 4 Clever Girl

Start from the beginning

"Oh, hell ya." She replied, enthusiastically, "I convinced Sammy to investigate her past so she'd feel better last night without saying a word. I'm on a roll."

"I'm not even gonna ask."

"Come on. Step into my office."

TIMESKIP

So, what do you want to talk about?" Yaz asked

I was lying on one of the lounge chairs like it was a therapy couch while Yaz sat off the side of the other facing me.

I sighed, "Well... last night, after the whole penthouse thing, Brooklynn was in one of the rooms trying to bandage the wounds she got from falling down the elevator shaft and- are you taking notes?" I asked

From out of nowhere she had pulled out her sketchbook and pencil. "No. I just like drawing people in crisis," she said, (imaginary 20$ if you understood that reference) holding up the pad of paper to reveal a rough drawing of me, chin in my hand, looking depressed.

"Thanks," I said, deadpan.

"Come on." She said, standing up and offering me a hand, "Let's walk and talk."

We did so and I continued explaining, "It was all fine but later I realized that... I never let her hand go after wrapping them and she probably totally noticed and now it's really awkward and I don't know what to do and... I'm just really stressed. What do you think."

"I think you're in love." She said simply

"Yeah, I prob- Wait! What?" I exclaimed.

"All the signs are there. Constantly wanting to spend time with her, needlessly throwing yourself into danger for her, awkward touching..." She looked at my face, "red face." She continued.

"Weren't you a loner before this? How would you know something like this?"

"Because I've seen it happen to other people, and... I've felt it before, or at least I thought I did." She said, looking a bit embarrassed.

I suddenly remembered the whole crush fiasco. I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Come on." She said defensively, "You're hot."

"Pfffffff." I started laughing.

"Anyway, you definitely like her. Not to jinx it or anything but, we're going home soon. Maybe when we're heading home on the boat would be a good time too, you know."

I sighed, "I don't know."

"Jesus, have some self-confidence. You're bumming me out."

"Sorry, sorry. I just haven't done this before and... you know what? You're right. I gotta suck it up and just tell her how I feel."

"Yeah, there's the (y/n) I know!" She exclaimed.

"But not until we're safe on the boat," I added.

"You know, with how many hits you've taken I'd expect you to tell her in the most dangerous situation possible."

"I'm not insane," I said, as we walked up the dock.

POV: Brooklynn

"Let me guess! You have a secret crush." I said to Sammy, "Is it, Darius? Kenji? Yaz? (y/n)? I know he's kinda insane sometimes but..."

POV: (y/n)

"So what should I do when I ask her out?" I asked, nervously.

"I don't know," Yaz said.

"Well, you have to know something," I begged

She sighed "I guess if I were you, I'd pull her off to the side so it's just you and her then just tell her how she makes you feel. Say something cheesy, like, 'I don't know why I feel this way but I do.'" She explained, imitating my voice, "What's the worst that could happen? It's Brooklynn. She's not gonna laugh at you or give you a gut punch. She'll be nice about it. But, I don't think she'll say no."