CHAPTER: 46

In my bedroom. I flip through my grimoire. Since, I've lost a lot of Mana. I was recovering in my room. A favourite pastime, I've a lot of grimoire most of them belongs to my dad and my bloodline, my forefathers. I roll my eyes, remembering the dramatic story my dad once told me. Ari you're the first girl born after thousands of years in our bloodline, it has a great meaning. Your existence itself implies that Queen is already born. My existence. I remembered High Priestess words. My thoughts drifting off to these things.

I hear the knock on the door. It broke me from trance. I lift my head from the book and saw Woosuk standing at the door. Woosuk? At Choi mansion? I smiled when I saw him removing the sheet from my legs, ready to step down.

“Don't even think of moving!” Yeonjun's voice thundered, I looked up to see Yeonjun stepping inside the room.
“But—”
“He can walk inside.”
I looked at Woosuk, an awkward smile appeared on his lips. He walks in the room. His eyes wary of Yeonjun. I understood why he looked like that? While, Yeonjun once again tucks me on the bed. I give him a reassuring smile.

“Can you give us a moment?”
“Sure. . .” He kissed my cheeks and went away. I glanced at Woosuk with flushed cheeks. He pulls the chair siting next to the bed.

“He knows how to talk softly?” Woosuk begins, I couldn't help but chuckle.
“Yes, He does Woosukie!”
“Whoa. You won't believe I was sweating badly when he saw me show up at his doorstep.”
“I believe because I see the people breaking down in sweat on a daily basis,” I nod assuringly.

A comfortable silence settled between us. I recalled the scene again, “High Priestess, I'm sorry I couldn't do—”
“It's alright, You did your best.”
“The vampires we captured. They told me the real reason why they attacked us. . .”
“Why?”
“They wanted to know the secret and about the prophecy.”
“Prophecy?” My eyes drifted to the thing she told me. Prophecy: “Well, she won't be able to manifest when the darkest of powers in the world try to take over, to make Humans their slave. She needs support of people, her more trusted people. To remember her past, To remember herself, will she be able to end this dark era and establish the new order,"?

“Do they know about this?” I asked.
“I don't think so.” He shakes his head, “When we asked, They were all ordered by a monster alliance Sabbath.”
“Sabbath? They want to know the prophecy. Yes, do you know the members of Sabbath? I haven't been able to find out. But you can!”
“I?”
“Your husband is a vampire, right? Choi Yeonjun!”
I gasp, “Oh! Yeah.”
“And, How are you currently? I completely forgot about asking it!” He fretted.
“Oh, About that, I woke up two weeks back, and I'm alright!! But, I have lost a lot of mana. Yeonjun is not letting me get down from bed. I think it will take another month to recover that,”
“Then, when do you think you can return?”
“Why do I need to return? I mean, I will return from time to time —”
“Priestess Min Ari, did you forget that you were next in line to inherit the High Priestess seat!!” He exclaimed, grabbing my shoulders, shaking me.

I blinked my eyes staring blankly at his face. 

“What about it?”
“Elders have decided. Once you recover your mana, you've to come back and take the high priestess position!”
“Me? But. I'm married to a vampire! I married to an enemy. And—”
“Your marriage was blessed by them, it doesn't matter!”
“The position originally belonged to your family, you!! According to our family legends.”

My head began to hurt. The pain shooting in my forehead. The words echoing in my forehead. When the girl is reborn. It means the Queen will be born again. Girl is Queen's companion. My head aching badly. I groaned. My head— A vision.

A woman saying all this. She had a beautiful face, my hands look so small. I was so close to her face, I looked around the gigantic altar of Heckate, I felt a hand on my head. I see back to see my father. He had this pleasing expression on his face. He was smiling, he takes a good amount of air in his lungs.

“Yoongi, She'll be alright.” A familiar voice said it to him. My mom standing next to him. I looked back at the woman who was holding me, she had such a beautiful face.
“Please take care of my Yeona, Ari!” She whispered in a rueful voice. Lowering me, I feel the cold water touching my back. She dips me in the water and takes me out in a moment.

I was back in the room. Tears blurring my view. Dad, Mom. They masked my cheeks, A warm hand engulfed me in a hug. My head still hurting. What was it just now? Dad. . . I recalled the day he left home. I memory piercing through me. I sobbed hard.

“Ari, please don't cry,” Yeonjun sweet voice fills my ear. When Yeonjun heard the screaming noises coming from Ari's room. He rushed inside, he saw Woosuk calling out for Ari. While Ari held her head against her palm, crying out in pain. And suddenly, she went quiet. Her emerald eyes turning white. It was the same as he saw High Priestess eyes going white. When he went to tell her about taking Ari away. Then, when her eyes went to normal. Ari suddenly, began to cry. Unable to understand, He could sense she wasn't in pain. It was something else. He hugged her tightly to calm her down.

I hugged him tightly, gasping and sobbing. Woosuk looking at me with worried eyes. His hand on my head, patting me.

“Noona, please…” He choked on his words. Tears spilling down his eyes, Woosuk-Ah. The Queen, Where are you? How much life will we lose to find you? Ari bawled her eyes out, so did Woosuk. Between them was stuck Yeonjun tending to the crying children with the best of his abilities.