CHAPTER: 09

Stepping inside the lobby of the room When I sensed a dark energy following me beside me, I looked behind to see Yeonjun with a blank face and a slight frown on his forehead. My body began to show warning signs. When I say scared, just because I haven't lost my powers doesn't mean there aren't chances.

Currently, he is more skilled at using his dark powers against me than I am. Being at the top of his clan's heirarchy gives him some special benefits, such as the aura of dominance. Why is he like this? Did I do something wrong? I take a deep breath, smiling coquettishly. I ask, "Is there something wrong?"

He didn't say anything, just simply turned his head in my direction, and I suddenly stopped breathing. It felt like if I breathed, he would kill me right at that moment. He yanks his hand away from my grip. I gave him a puzzled look and said, "Drop your act, Ari!"

"W-what are you talking about?"

Please stop acting all lovey-dovey if you don't want to. "

Huh? Isn't that what he wants? I thought. My eyebrows frowned instantly, not being able to understand what he meant. My jaw dropped. I tried to comprehend.

"It's irritating!" He snaps at my face. I felt my blood boil. I clench my fist, channelling my powers into them. The moment my eyes met his, they told a different story. His eyes looked hurt. Momentarily, I felt the fires surrounding me and the man standing far away in the white mansions, his eyes filled with water. He also looked hurt.

I felt a wave of emotions rushing through me. My body went numb. I let go of my fist. He turns away in the dark lobby. He leaves me alone. I stood there quietly. He wasn't wrong, of course. I lowered my head to look at my feet. I wanted to ask him, "If you don't want me to show him my love, then why the hell is he keeping me tied in a relationship I never wanted?" The question remained in my head. I knew I could never muster up the courage to ask him. I knew the answer would always be: It has to be you.

I'm tired of asking it anyway. I bit my lip and turned around. I went through the door opposite to the way he went, which led me to the girls' dormitory. I slump in my bed, not even in the mood or having the strength to patch my wounds. I cover myself in the sheets.

I fell into a deep slumber. Something clicked, but suddenly he was completely ignoring my existence. Not that I cared, but I still found it weird. What the hell does all this mean? Isn't he bored with me quite early? It should be after 3 years. He was ignoring me completely right now.

Of course, I didn't initiate any text or messages. I was another level of weirdo for whom assuming things and drifting apart felt better than talking things out. I restlessly checked the messages, but he didn't text me anything. Even if I text him, I reasoned.What the hell should I ask? Should I ask him what he is doing? Or should I greet him with "Good Morning?" I shake my head crazily before throwing the phone on the bed and moving to the bathroom to take a bath.

I came inside, ready to go and wash up and prepare for sleep. When my phone buzzed, indicating that someone had messaged, I unlocked the phone, seeing Jena had sent some messages. I opened her chat.

But, as soon as I did, my phone started ringing and another friend, Yeji, was calling, and my eyes widened. I placed the phone in my ear.

Before I could say 'Hello', a cry filled my ears.

Yeji: "Serri! My leg, " She cried and I went all worked up, jumping on my feet. I anxiously asked.

"What happened? Are you alright? "

Yeji: "I broke my——ouch, I broke my fucking leg!" She screamed in high pitch, and I had to put the phone away from my ear.

I sighed, walking towards the closet to get my handbag, "Wait there, which hospital are you in? Send me the location and I'm coming," I said, hurrying outside my dorm even though it was past 9 p.m.

I hurried inside and reached the reception. "Um? I'm a friend of Ms. Hwang Yeji. Can I know which roo—"

"Oh, Ms. Yeji is kept in the public ward; it's on the third floor," she said with a small smile, and I nodded, rushing to the elevator.

Reaching the third floor, the door opened and I walked inside the public ward looking for her, and I found her in the middle bed. She had pain written all over her face before she opened her eyes and glanced at me. Her eyes lightened.

Ari! " I walked closer, pulling a chair. I sat there.

"What did the doctor say?"

He said it would be alright after a month. "

By the way, what's in the bag? Did you bring me snacks?" She smiled and then her hands went on me, which had a paper bag, and I smiled back as sweetly as she and shook my head.

"No baby, you're hurt. Here is some porridge and chicken soup!"

She crumpled her face, pouting, "I thought you were my friend and would bring me something good,"

"Isn't it good?" I said, and then changed the poker expression, "For your health,"

She huffed before saying it.

Even after Yeji issued a few warnings about Jena in my previous life, I still trusted her more.I didn't trust her, and in return, she broke my friendship.

Wasn't I just being a bitch?

So hello there!*cries* Thank you for supporting me

So hello there!
*cries* Thank you for supporting me. I know I unpublished the chapters many times, but you also know that I had written gibberish and it went off the storyline.
Please stay with me till the end. *sobs* I promise, once the book ends, there will be no editing.