CHAPTER: 25

I returned. I had no intention of talking to her anymore. I hated her more than anything else. She steals glances at me from afar, looking at me softly, tears always breaming in her eyes. I ignored her so firmly that she stopped trying to talk to me. I was thankful, until she began getting close to another guy in the her club.

It really got on my nerves. I knew my personality changed a lot. I tried to ignore it. I thought it would be okay. I couldn't control my anger. When he tried getting close to her, she stood there defenslessly. She didn't do anything. That day, I lost my sense of reason in matters related to her. I just did what I thought was right. I became the monster she would detest. I became someone significant that she could never get rid of, no matter how hard she tried. I wanted to leave that imprint of her.

She was like an emotionless doll. not expressing herself at all, no matter what I did. It angered me even more. I didn't care about how she felt. To me, she was just a body without a soul. Every time I did something to her, she would look at me blankly. I wanted a reaction from her. I would have stopped if they showed me anger or anything.

She didn't.
Last night before graduation When she finally broke down in front of us, crying helplessly, I was kissing her but noticed her body trembling. I pulled away and she was looking at me with fear in her eyes, tears masking her face.
"Please stop it!" She joined her hands together.

"Please!" She whispered again. Fear is visible in her eyes as she sheirks back into the corner. I saw the same eyes. I saw it the first day I met her. It felt like a stab in my heart. I did it. I was no different from the person who I badmouthed that day. Rage burned inside me. I was fucking blinded by my rage and aggressiveness. It was that day when she showed her emotions for the first time.

Why did it take so much time? I thought, looking at her On the other hand, I felt like a scumbag. I decided I would disappear from her life. I thought.

After transferring colleges, I ended up at the same university as she was. I restrained myself from intervening in her affairs. I saw her smiling, giggling, and laughing every now and then. I was happy just by watching her from afar. I knew she knew I was watching her, so she didn't bother.
I came to know about this deal her family was making with an old business man. He was in his late 50s, an old geezer. They were planning to sell her off in the name of marriage. She looked happy after some time. I wanted to save her. It was all for her sake. I dealt with her family and that old guy and issued the papers in my name and married her.

I thought that was the best I could do.

I thought I would leave her be and support her financially as a repentance for the sins I committed. She was a completely different person. She was a fool, arrogant because she had reached the priesthood among the witches. She considered herself mighty. She looked even more pathetic than this guy who was using her in the name of love. She was in love with a guy. He was just a bastard, and she was ready to give her life for him. She was crazy for him. He was a man with a hole in the middle of his chest. He made her sorry for things she didn't do. She always lied to her, but she just kept justifying. I didn't understand why?

She was losing herself completely. She was forcing herself to look good for him. I could see how desperate she was to be loved by him. She fought with him for his attention. For him, she threw away her pride.

I tried hard to make her understand that it was all for her own good. She was reluctant for her to He was her god and everything. He completely dominated her even while we were married. I didn't try anything funny with her. He used that as an opportunity to make her steal documents to make her get the signed documents from me for his profit. He used it all on strippers.

It was when things started going out of my hands. I was in a cranky mood, which resulted in strict punishments like locking her up. She leaves people to follow her wherever she goes. I knew she didn't like it. Little did I know, I was only making things worse.

In the end, it was me who was the bad guy. I ruined her completely and broke her completely. She hated me. She kept on holding him and pushing me away from her.

I shake my head, panting, when I hear a sweet voice ringing in my ear.
"You aren't sleeping?" Ari asks, looking at me innocently. I smiled, looking back at her, holding her tightly. She didn't push me away.

"Are you alright? Do you feel pain anywhere? " She asks. She is worried about me. Is it a dream? If it is, I don't want to wake up.
"I'm alright!" I said. This must be a dream I'm watching after my death. Yeonjun thinks, looking at her as he cups her face. Ari smiled at me. This is definitely a dream.

"I Love You!" I said to her. The smile disappeared from her face.

 The smile disappeared from her face